Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

New guy with new system actually enjoyed FSX last night...

Guest flightgamer

Well I finally set up my new system and loaded XP and FSX at midnight last night.Here is a brief summary.- I removed and retired my AMD 2100 and ATI 9700 pro.- Received the money after a couple years in committee (wife) and went to Newegg (of course).- Purchased EVGA 680i motherboard, 2GB RAM, Core 2 6600, and GeForce 7950GT.- Loaded FSX and crossed fingers.Guess what

Guest archtx

How much memory on your video card? How much on the mainboard?

Guest flightgamer

>How much memory on your video card? How much on the>mainboard?2 GB on main board512 on video card

Guest stems

We can join hands, yes I did the same yesterday and it is amazing and I am very happy, I applied the tweeks in Ryan Maziarz of PMDG. I tried Heathrow and Gatwick and getting between 12 to 15 FPS from the A321 virtual cockpit view with real weather still very flyable. Other airports I am getting 20FPS which is my set maximum.The only issues I have seen sofar is that the A321 is as good as the PSS A320 which I am used to and also when loading the aircraft the screen goes pink for a short time.In general I am happy overall and will be looking forward for a good A320 to accmpany FSX.My setup is:-ASUS P5W DH DeluxProcessor E6600Graphic Cad: Leadtek 7950 512MbyteRam 2GbyteHS: SATA 250 GbyteXP Pro

Guest david W.

Contrary to popular belief, new hardware does make a difference to FSX.I upgraded my graphics card from a Geforce FX5600XT 256mb to a 7600GS 256mb.The general belief here was that a graphics card would have no effect on FSX.I now have much better frame rates, and can now see all the new features such reflective water, cockpit glass reflections, water on runways, wingflex etc.I am very pleased I upgraded my card. I also threw in some new speakers & a sound card, which has made a huge improvement in the sound department.RegardsDavidPentium 4 3.0gHz 478 socket HT (3 yrs old)2 GB RamGeforce AGP 7600gs 256mb (New)160 GB HD Maxdor

Guest flightgamer

I agree with everything but the hand holding part ;)I will have to work thru those tweaks now.It is going to be a long weekend.

>I upgraded my graphics card from a Geforce FX5600XT 256mb to a>7600GS 256mb.>The general belief here was that a graphics card would have no>effect on FSX.>Some of the people here at the aVsim hardware forum would never say that. Going from a 5xxx series to a 7600GS is a big jump and should always give better performance and visuals in FS. Plus the 5xxx series seem to have more display issues in FSX than other variants.>I am very pleased I upgraded my card. I also threw in some new>speakers & a sound card, which has made a huge improvement in>the sound department.>What speakers did you get? Did you get a 5.1 setup?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest david W.

Previously I just had cheap speakers that came with the computer.So it was a big upgrade for me to get Creative Labs 2.1 Inspire T3030. And I got the Creative Audigy sound card to save frame rates.I now hear a lot more sounds than previously. The flaps and gear sound in the jets and planes is much better. You can hear the planes rolling on the runways. The engines in the Goose and Beaver now have a deep powerful growl.It's like a brand new computer now.regardsDavid

Guest thx1137

The 7600s are a good card. My only wish is that I purchased an Intel CPU instead of the AMD as the Intel gives another 2-3 fps compared to the equiv AMD. According to benchmarks I have read and the comments on these forums anyway.

I just replaced my ATI XT850 (256mb) with a GF 7600GS (512mb). The graphics is much improved and I am getting fewer stutters. I wanted an inexpensive ($140) card with 512mb to get me through the next 3 or 4 months before vista and DX10 are ready for prime time. I am very happy with the card. :)Bob...

Guest FxF3

I'm really glad people are starting to listen that FSX does well on new computers. Yes some times even with them you may hit 15 to 18 FPS and its just for a 2nd or so but that can happen on almost any new game or sim nowdays. Enjoy FSX it has its faults but who cares everything gets better with time.I was also reading that we may see 3.5 to 4.0 ghz cpu speed in 2007 so thats also good news.Enjoy both of your Sims FSX and FS9.:)

Guest pomak249

Loved it from day one - vast improvement visually on FS9!My PC isnt exactly top of the range but it runs great, 15-30 fps. nearly all the redone textures installed and Autogen on dense, Traffic 2005 on 75%.Thinking of VFR for UK next - and a AGP 7800 GS !!Mick

>Loved it from day one - vast improvement visually on FS9!>It really is! More like looking at a movie versus an animation. The improvement in texture crispness is very noticeable and effective.I normally don't use auto-gen in FSX, and with a little altitude, FSX becomes very photo-like.L.Adamson