Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 7th, 2021 - Development Update

39 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Unless you mean something else, the coastline glitch arrived with the USA World Update, and the terrain spikes with Sim Update 2. But yes, it's a bit disappointing that there is no timeline on a fix for the former, though since they've started working on it maybe it will come with the spike hotfix, since both are related to LOD. Let's hope.

I believe Carenado have not announced any new patches since the newest ones that were pushed to the Marketplace. This is their latest post on the matter: https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/posts/3532742813469174?__tn__=-R

I know they didn’t announce patches; hence, I was hoping ( not expecting  )

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I've lost track now of which updates broke which things.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Nothing planned with mirrored textures on 787/747, something simple for them, why not ??

1 hour ago, jymp said:

Nothing planned with mirrored textures on 787/747, something simple for them, why not ??

Gotta ask them during the next Q&A I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jymp said:

This is something i am realy not able to unterstand ,so they port that issue also

over to the XBox release..??

Not that i use the XBox, but this is a shame

( isn't it ? ) to leave it like that and what is the matter to leave this bug like it is - unbelivibel

for me 😔

cheers

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Fixing the incorrectly mirrored textures on the 787 (a Premium aircraf that we paid extra for) is 'Not Planned'.

Yes, we paid so much for it. Three Dollars! 🙂

• Like 2

I'm beginning to think they don't know how to  fix the Horizon Line bug, was there during Alpha (apparently) and it's such an obvious immersion breaking graphical issue you would like to think they would've at least attempted to fix it by now. But it seems like it remains ignored and just on the list because it got enough "votes" to be there, sigh.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

48 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

So no mention of the node based particle system? Did they abandon it ?

I hope not.

Strange thing is I sometimes see what you could describe as contrails coming from AI aircraft, or it could just be a graphical artifact. It has got me thinking though that maybe they have been experimenting behind the scenes - who knows.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

10 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Whatever happened to the "node based particle system" they spend like 2 months going on about?  Did it not work out so they just cancelled it and stopped talking about it?

Yes, I’ve asked about this a few times. I’ve seen it mentioned in the SDK section once or twice. I wonder what did happen to it......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

ooh ... anyone flown that little Aermacchi jet yet ?

I have it and it's great. I recommend it.

Well, I see that Asobo is not going to open up it's weather engine to 3rd party developers ? 🤥  Next 17th Update.

It is snowing here  in Asheville, NC, and I went to MSFS, checked Live Weather, and skies were perfectly clear, sun was shining.  And, yes, I tried choosing clear skies and rechecked Live - still no snow.  Terrible !!!

Dave Hinson

• Upvote 1

I just got 1GB of in-sim update. Does anybody know what was about it? The release notes of the updates were the same as the last updates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

5 minutes ago, earthdog said:

I just got 1GB of in-sim update. Does anybody know what was about it? The release notes of the updates were the same as the last updates.

Nav data update. 

• Like 1