Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Working Title CJ4 0.9.0 - Holds, New FM, FD, Dual Comms

A big thank you for all involved. I took v0.9 for a quick test flight (2 ILS approaches into LOWS15 and a bit of handflying), and the flight model feels "solid". Ground handling has improved a lot, the airplane feels a bit heavier in takeoff and climb, maintaining speed and climb rate was a lot easier. Airwork while handflying was a breeze. I can confirm that both approaches were one dot low on short final. The flare and landing felt a bit odd, as not only  the floating is still present - in fact I found it to be a bit more pronounced, but that's something that needs getting used to.  I couldn't set a heading until being airborne, it would always snap back to straight ahead. No issues with battery power and avionics master set to "dispatch" on my end.

Again, thx for this great work - looking forward to trying the new FMS features.

• Upvote 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

41 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I loaded new version but with battery power both PFD and MFD are blank disregarding where avionic switch position is on. Am I doing something worng?

Problem solved after redownloading 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, Tom_L said:

A big thank you for all involved. I took v0.9 for a quick test flight (2 ILS approaches into LOWS15 and a bit of handflying), and the flight model feels "solid". Ground handling has improved a lot, the airplane feels a bit heavier in takeoff and climb, maintaining speed and climb rate was a lot easier. Airwork while handflying was a breeze. I can confirm that both approaches were one dot low on short final. The flare and landing felt a bit odd, as not only  the floating is still present - in fact I found it to be a bit more pronounced, but that's something that needs getting used to.  I couldn't set a heading until being airborne, it would always snap back to straight ahead. No issues with battery power and avionics master set to "dispatch" on my end.

Again, thx for this great work - looking forward to trying the new FMS features.

Concur with all of this same experience. Floats like a Mooney forever and getting the nose wheel down takes forever.

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Are there more of you who have problems watching the throttle move? It still seems to work, ie you can hear the sound of increased throttle, but on the other hand the throttle is stationary and does not move!

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Concur with all of this same experience. Floats like a Mooney forever and getting the nose wheel down takes forever.

I crack the spoilers a little bit as I start the flare.  Not realistic of course but makes the landings feel much better....I then hold my down trim once wheels touch to get the nose down....

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I have odd thing in 0.9! After initiating TOGA  through initial climb, when VS set it blows right through preselected altitude (I usually set it on the ground) If I recycle VS and do it again it works. Happened twice already!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, imb12 said:

Are there more of you who have problems watching the throttle move? It still seems to work, ie you can hear the sound of increased throttle, but on the other hand the throttle is stationary and does not move!

This has been a consequence of having using a livery that has a .panel file.     theres a whole list of 'authorized' liveries on WTs discord. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom_L said:

The flare and landing felt a bit odd, as not only  the floating is still present - in fact I found it to be a bit more pronounced

Same feeling here, during the flare, with engine idle at 105kt just moving my joystick by a few millimeters will send the CJ4 50 feet up. Hope it will be improve soon, I did not get a single CTD after a dozen of flights and instrument depth is a lot more than a lot of FSX payware.

1 hour ago, bendead said:

Same feeling here, during the flare, with engine idle at 105kt just moving my joystick by a few millimeters will send the CJ4 50 feet up. Hope it will be improve soon, I did not get a single CTD after a dozen of flights and instrument depth is a lot more than a lot of FSX payware.

105 is a bit fast - what were your VREF speeds from weight/wind etc.? Guessing it was high?

• Like 1

To add to the weirdness just got the sim update message and installed it. Installed fine but CTD before main page came up. Restarted and all is fine:

out of KSUN A/P on and it tried diving turns again... Hand flew fine. Got to magenta line and engaged A/P NAV and all is fine again. Flew the RNAV 28L KBOI on APP mode superbly down to the #'s with rain and pure white snow cover everywhere. Flare was pretty long and again nose wheel needed a nudge to come down...

6 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

105 is a bit fast - what were your VREF speeds from weight/wind etc.? Guessing it was high?

It was a shot flight with default MSFS loadout, so around 105kt, but even at the end of the runway a few kt before stall, I still had quite a lot of lift. But yeah, 105kt felt fast

Edited by bendead

10 hours ago, Tom_L said:

I couldn't set a heading until being airborne, it would always snap back to straight ahead. 

@Tom_L I think it will do that when you are in TOGA mode

7 hours ago, imb12 said:

@imb12 You are using a incompatible livery that renders FADEC inoperable (overrides panel.cfg). 

Edited by dga711
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm happy to announce a hotfix for the CJ4 has been released. v0.9.1 is now available for download.

CJ4 v0.9.1: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.9.1 (scroll to the bottom and download workingtitle-aircraft-cj4-v0.9.1.zip)

User Manual: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qzxPMTSQRkvau8QOi7xUqNvjx9rbww_qHlso5AT5OnI/

See the top post for links to demo videos for new features. Known issues, livery advice, etc remain the same as in the original post.

Working Title CJ4 v0.9.1 Changes

Welcome to the Working Title CJ4 v0.9.1. This is a hotfix release for 0.9.0 to fix the most pressing issues that came up after release.

Installation

Installation is easy, simply copy the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder inside the zip file to your MSFS Community folder.

Important: We recommend that you fully delete the previous workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying this release.

Bugfixes

• Fixed issue where ATC window did not refresh electrical system status properly
  • Fixed issue where map lines would be improperly drawn in certain situations and zoom factors
  • Fixed issue where after flying one hold, LNAV would not fly any additional holds
  • Fixed issue where LNAV would skip to the last hold if holds were on back-to-back legs
  • Fixed speed tape overspeed indicator and warning speeds
  • LNAV should no longer wander back and forth in the case of overlapping or duplicate flight plan fixes
  • Fix for DIRECT TO not reactivating the current direct to target from the DTO page
  • Fix for DIRECT TO not working after one successful DTO
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

10 hours ago, dga711 said:

I think it will do that when you are in TOGA mode

Yep, can confirm that. Is that an accurate behaviour? If ATC tells me "after takeoff, fly heading xxx", I would like to set the heading before taking off in order not to fiddle around with any knobs in a critical phase of flight. Just wondering....

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Same here with the flare. For some reason when fully configured for landing the trim has to be way up to hold glide path. Then you have to trim down to get the nosewheel down. Any type of flare causes it to float forever. 

Tony Fontaine