Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Georender is back!

Unless I missed something the legend 'Richard Goldstein' is back.  This man brought us so much in FS9/FSX and now I'm seeing his name in a release again.  From Orca's to Diamond Point to Emma Field, he's the reason we know the back country of the PNW and many of those airports are being reproduced in FS2020 by other developers who've been around for awhile to remember this classic work (Orbx, etc).  I have a version of Arches but I'll try this out just because Richard did it.

Arches National Park • Flight Simulator 2020

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 11

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It is a gigabyte in size. I think it possibly could become payware later so I grabbed it .

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

It is a gigabyte in size. I think it possibly could become payware later so I grabbed it .

Unlikely... reading the description it's photogrammetry/terrain data from Google, so he couldn't sell it commercially.

• Like 1

Basically I'm too busy to make commercial scenery anymore.  Could happen, but not too likely.  Happy to make this freeware stuff for the community to enjoy.  Freeware is a hobby, and I aim to keep it that way.

Edited by RGoldstein
edit
  • Like 31
  • Upvote 3

Thanks Richard! Looks amazing and hoping to see more from you in the future.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

1 hour ago, RGoldstein said:

Basically I'm too busy to make commercial scenery anymore.  Could happen, but not too likely.  Happy to make this freeware stuff for the community to enjoy.  Freeware is a hobby, and I aim to keep it that way.

You're an absolute legend! Thank you again for the wonderful work, Richard.

• Upvote 1

Richard, you were way ahead of your time with your Georender series.  I think I had some nine different airports/scenery back in FS2004?  I loved letting my imagination run wild when flying in & out of these little gems.

It would be a gift to MSFS (and us) to see any of these added to our "hangars" plus its nice to just see you are still around, ha!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

2 hours ago, DylanM said:

You're an absolute legend! Thank you again for the wonderful work, Richard.

You're welcome.

32 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Richard, you were way ahead of your time with your Georender series.  I think I had some nine different airports/scenery back in FS2004?  I loved letting my imagination run wild when flying in & out of these little gems.

It would be a gift to MSFS (and us) to see any of these added to our "hangars" plus its nice to just see you are still around, ha!

Thanks for your kind words.  I'd like to continue with the high-res Google stuff for the present.   I love the possibilities it provides.  However, my plan, when I have time, is to use my old Georender models in the new sim if possible and put them out as freeware.  Shouldn't be too difficult because the base sim is already so detailed 🙂

Edited by RGoldstein
  • Like 3

On 1/8/2021 at 9:52 AM, RGoldstein said:

Richard, did you do Harvey/Monroe?  These airports weren't apart of the Georender series but I could have sworn they were your work.

FS2020 

Hi Dillon,

No I didn't.  Harvey and Monroe were created by Bob Bernstein.  I did visit them back in 2000, but never worked on them.

4 hours ago, RGoldstein said:

Hi Dillon,

No I didn't.  Harvey and Monroe were created by Bob Bernstein.  I did visit them back in 2000, but never worked on them.

Thanks.  I thought they were Georender sceneries but I guess they were older Lego sceneries.  They fit with your work nicely.

FS2020 

Harvey and Monroe are of course within the portfolio of ORBX, thus, there is a chance they will be ported to MSFS one day. Although ORBX seems to rather focus to Europe than the US for MSFS. Plus, you would have to pay for them. But I'm sure they would be nice if they did them.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Really glad to see that Georender is back.  I was in awe of their work for FSX