Sign in to follow this  
nosaj_armstrong

Autopilot Not working (Hard turns to right/left)

I have been going to settings after I load into a flight, unplugging my saitek yoke system, listen for sound telling me its unplugged(windows sound), plug back in. Centers everything so I can fly straight. I have to do this every time I load into msfs. My calibration won't save after the dec. update. 

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Hi all -

I wanted to share forward that I have resolved this issue on my end, but to be honest I am not sure what of the few things I did fixed it. I have done 3 successful flights with no indication of the issue at hand. Below are the steps I took/take and the issue seems resolved.

1) Removed ALL key assignments to flight surfaces. I think this is what did the trick. When remember when the issue started it seemed to correlate where I set up camera's on my keyboard to the number pad (ex NUM4 for left overwing view, NUM6 for right overwing view, NUM0 for cockpit etc). These keys were also set up to aileron and elevator control surfaces in my keyboard assignments. I deleted all of them so that the only way to control the aircraft would be with my TCA Sidestick. 

2) Test sidestick when taxiing (someone suggested this in some forum) but testing full ailerons, rudder, and elevators as you would in real life. Not sure if this does anything. 

3) Defaulted the settings with my TCA Throttle, though I don't think this has any impact. I will though, test out the settings in the GitHub A32x Mod to have the detents align with the throttle as I don't think this will affect anything

4) I thought I saw a pattern in adding/modifying STARs when in flight that caused the issue, but I have done two flights now, one where the STAR was not set up prior to take off and added mid flight and one with it set up prior to take off. I have also played around with DIRECT to modifications to the STAR and the issue hasn't happened. 

I hope this helps some of you, I went from not being able to do one flight to doing 3 with no issues. 

1) Removed ALL key assignments to flight surfaces. I think this is what did the trick. When remember when the issue started it seemed to correlate where I set up camera's on my keyboard to the number pad (ex NUM4 for left overwing view, NUM6 for right overwing view, NUM0 for cockpit etc). These keys were also set up to aileron and elevator control surfaces in my keyboard assignments. I deleted all of them so that the only way to control the aircraft would be with my TCA Sidestick. 

I was having the hard LEFT spiral dive problem in the Bonanza (both stock and Robert Young model), the DA62 (stock and modded), the C 172 G1000, and the TBM 930.  All of the this occurred with and without the working title G1000 and G3000 mods.  This was occurring in about half of my flights.

All this occurred with other strange symptoms. For Example:  In the G36 the virtual cockpit yokes would go to FULL right deflection while a quick peek at the ailerons would show full LEFT deflection and the plane would suddenly go into a spiral dive to the left.  

I test the sim with the CH manager active so I could track the signal being received by the sim from the CH yoke and pedals.  There was NO change to the bit values being sent by yoke or pedals when the spiral dive began.

After I did the steps identified in the quote above (de-linked ALL keyboard keys to ANY flight control) I have had NO spiral dive problems in about 20-flights over a period of 30-hours flight time.  

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Just now, TacomaSailor said:

I was having the hard LEFT spiral dive problem in the Bonanza (both stock and Robert Young model), the DA62 (stock and modded), the C 172 G1000, and the TBM 930.  All of the this occurred with and without the working title G1000 and G3000 mods.  This was occurring in about half of my flights.

All this occurred with other strange symptoms. For Example:  In the G36 the virtual cockpit yokes would go to FULL right deflection while a quick peak at the ailerons would show full LEFT deflection and the plane would suddenly go into a spiral dive to the left.  

I test the sim with the CH manager active so I could track the signal being received by the sim from the CH yoke and pedals.  There was NO change to the bit values being sent by yoke or pedals when the spiral dive began.

After I did the steps identified in the quote above (de-linked ALL keyboard keys to ANY flight control) I have had NO spiral dive problems in about 20-flights over a period of 30-hours flight time.  

Good to hear!

I had this problem, so I removed the joystick and made a flight only from the keyboard, everything was perfect without any tendencies.
Then I connected the joystick again and increased the dead zone to 17.
Since then, I've been flying normally.

The solution that works for me is to delete the file in the LocalCache directory named ROLLINGCACHE.CCC.  After deleting that file I was able to enjoy multiple flights using autopilot with no issues.

1 hour ago, Sp00k said:

The solution that works for me is to delete the file in the LocalCache directory named ROLLINGCACHE.CCC.  After deleting that file I was able to enjoy multiple flights using autopilot with no issues.

You do realise this thread is nearly a year old

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,