Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Weird! 1.12.13.0 is installing again

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

Would be nice it it also contains a hot fix for the terrain spikes, but I doubt it.

Agree.. and it does not ☹️

Bert

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

Back in my day we had to strap on our desktops and carry them 2 miles everyday to the broadband store to download files.

Back home again, too. And both ways were uphill.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1gb here and no issues. Benefit of using the addon on linker couple of clicks and all addons in the community folder disabled.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

48 minutes ago, Car147 said:

1gb here and no issues. Benefit of using the addon on linker couple of clicks and all addons in the community folder disabled.

While I agree that is good practice, in this case, it should not matter..

If you are downloading 25 GB, it is because MSFS believes that you have touched one of the "core files" and it gives you a clean factory copy.

• Upvote 1

Bert

4 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

(It’s actually a few days late).

They were still on vacation when the new cycle started I believe.  

4 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Would be nice it it also contains a hot fix for the terrain spikes, but I doubt it.

They said yesterday it would probably be a few days before a fix. So expecting it today is a bit premature.

5 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Oh Great!

Let's see what this f****** breaks.

Appears to be about 1 gig.

What a load of tosh. . .

Time to sack ASOBO.

(30 years on the sims here - many thousands of hours)

ASOBO do GAMING - not Simulators. It''s really starting to show/ demonstrate.

What the hell are you going on about? All they did was update the AIRIC cycle,  they've done this the last 3 months.

Calm down, god.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Better pause it and clear the community folder! 🙂

The need of clearing the community folder is a myth.

It is totally pointless because the updater does not care about the content of this folder.

The only thing that can happen is that the additions in the community content are no longer compatible with the additional or changed core content after the patch.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

A lot of the confusion is because minor updates like the AIRIC ones are technically updates to the current patch version and the updater displays the description of the current patch getting which is getting a minor update making people mistakenly think it is downloading the last patch all over again.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Removed nothing from the community folder and have the Longitude mod installed. No problems downloading and installing the 1 gig update. 

• Like 1

A bit of a fringe use case, I know, but since I got this update last night (mine was 1GB) I can no longer connect to ForeFlight on my iPad. I use XMapsy 3  over the WiFi, and have been doing so without issue since September.

XMapsy appears to be connected to the sim alright, but the iPad doesn’t see the sim at all.

Not sure if anyone else has had trouble with this or other simconnect related issues since the update?

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

While I agree that is good practice, in this case, it should not matter..

If you are downloading 25 GB, it is because MSFS believes that you have touched one of the "core files" and it gives you a clean factory copy.

But i am not downloading 25gb. i downloaded 1 gb with no issues.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Also ran into 25gib download after it initially only announced the 1gib Update 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Also ran into 25gib download after it initially only announced the 1gib Update 

Same here, I guess I am going to have to just get used to ATC not saying TBM because that is the only thing that is changed in the core files. This is the second or third time this has happened. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

17 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Broadband store! You were lucky to have a broadband store! We used to heave our steam-powered ZX81s to the dial-up store, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, half the floor was missing, we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of having to start the update from the beginning!

(1 gig for me too. I also exited, renamed the Community Folder and restarted before allowing the update).

Paradise.

We had it tough! Only way we could run a computer was to generate our own power pedaling a bicycle generator to store electricity in a room full of batteries. Well it weren't much of a generator though. We'd pedal all day and night, 26 hours a day 8 days a week, and just when we almost had enough stored power, our dad would unplug the generator, and all the power would leak out the plug.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

23 hours ago, edpatino said:

Just 1 GB here

Strange, Ed

The same here.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber