Sign in to follow this  
Martin_CaronStudios

MSFS Mobile Companion App - Control AP/NAV/COM on iOS/Andr.

Hello AVSIM Community,

I'm Martin the developer of MSFS Mobile Companion App - a freeware tool that allows you to control essential aircraft instruments such as NAV/COM frequencies, autopilot, or lights using almost any mobile device (Android, iOS, Linux, Windows).

I started this project in September 2020 with the aim to improve the MSFS experience. Since then, I've added many new features such and improved the UI. The latest version 1.4 introduced dedicated autopilot controls for the A320/A32NX. Here is a list of the main current features:

• Moving Map (Open Street Maps).
  • NAV 1/2 frequency and OBS 1/2 selection.
  • ADF frequency and ADF card selection.
  • COM 1/2 and transponder selection.
  • Autopilot with altitude, vertical speed, and airspeed settings.
  • Gyro drift and altimeter pressure settings.
  • Light controls.
  • Pitot heat and deicing controls.
  • Landing ratings (vertical speed at touchdown).
  • Simulation rate controls.

MSFS_MCA_Screenshot_v1_4.png

The app is absolutely free. No ads, no in-app purchases, nothing. I'm developing it for the love of our common hobby - flight simulation.

You can get the app on GitHub or flightsim.to. There you'll find all relevant information on how to get it up and running.

Important notice: Don't install the app on your mobile device. Download and run it on your PC. This creates a local web server to which you connect via an IP address. You will not find the app on the Apple/Google.

I'd like to use the opportunity here on AVSIM to inform you about the development and gather your feedback. A lot of the current features and improvements were implemented thanks to the flight sim community.

If you have any questions, would like to request a feature or report a bug then please let me know below.

Thanks!

Martin

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Wow. Sound cool. Always looking for something to connect with my iOS device. Thanks for your effort and contribution!! Will try to check it over the weekend

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

wrong post

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I have odd thing! After TOGA takee in climb when set VS climb and blows right through initial altitude that I set on the ground. If I reset and do it again it works. Happened twice already!

Just so that I understand you correctly, are you doing the following:

1. Set your AP altitude on the ground.
  2. Take off.
  3. Engage AP
  4. Set a desired VS
  5. The airplane continues climbing past the set altitude.

Is my interpretation correct? And which aircraft are you using? Plus, if it's the A320 (default or FBW) did you use managed or selected ALT?

Thanks for the feedback!

Wow pretty sweet.  Thanks for doing this.  UI looks well done.  If I had one comment it would be to switch the NAV/COMM standby and active window positions.  That might be an Airbus thing and I don't fly those so maybe that's why it is the way it is.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 minutes ago, Martin_CaronStudios said:

Just so that I understand you correctly, are you doing the following:

1. Set your AP altitude on the ground.
  2. Take off.
  3. Engage AP
  4. Set a desired VS
  5. The airplane continues climbing past the set altitude.

Is my interpretation correct? And which aircraft are you using? Plus, if it's the A320 (default or FBW) did you use managed or selected ALT?

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry I meant to post it in different thread! My apologies!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Sorry I meant to post it in different thread! My apologies!

No problem! Should you ever encounter any problems with the app, then please let me know.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Wow pretty sweet.  Thanks for doing this.  UI looks well done.  If I had one comment it would be to switch the NAV/COMM standby and active window positions.  That might be an Airbus thing and I don't fly those so maybe that's why it is the way it is.

Great find! 👍🤚You're right - active is on the left, stand by on the right. I'll change it in the next version. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Martin_CaronStudios
  • Like 1

Would we be able to control our entire flight from this app remotely?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

31 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Would we be able to control our entire flight from this app remotely?

Not quite. You'd be missing a lot of essential data about your flight such as current altitude, speed, pitch, bank, etc. However, with the help of ngrok.com (or something similar), you could check up on your plane's location and see whether the AP is on while grocery shopping.

I’m excited to announce the release of version 1.5 of MSFS Mobile Companion App. This release adds a dedicated landscape mode (split-screen for map and controls) and the option to load your flight plan.

7j1owtr6xnf61.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

List of new features:

• Added landscape mode (split-screen for map and controls).
  • Added option to load your current flight plan.
  • Switched active and stand-by NAV/COM displays.

A note on the load flight plan feature: Currently, only waypoints of the flight plan are shown on the map. Arrival and departure procedures like DME arcs, glideslope intercepts, etc. are not supported

Where can I get it?

You can download the MSFS Mobile Companion App for free on GitHub or flightsim.to. It's free. No ads, no in-app purchases, nothing.

Important notice for new users: Don’t install the app on your mobile device! Download and run it on your PC. This creates a local web server to which you connect via an IP address. You can connect to the app from your Android, iOS, Windows or Linux devices. To find out more about this app, visit the GitHub project page.

Enjoy the app and let me know your feedback!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm happy to announce the release of Hotfix v1.5.2. This version doesn't add new features, but addresses the following two iOS-related issues:

- Fixed bug for iOS devices not being able to type in decimal numbers in COM/NAV frequencies.
- Added +/- sign button for VS AP. This fixes a bug for iOS devices not being able to type in negative numbers.

Where can I get it?

You can download the MSFS Mobile Companion App for free on GitHub or flightsim.to. It's free. No ads, no in-app purchases, nothing.

Important notice for new users: Don’t install the app on your mobile device! Download and run it on your PC. This creates a local web server to which you connect via an IP address. You can connect to the app from your Android, iOS, Windows or Linux devices. To find out more about this app, visit the GitHub project page.

I’m excited to announce the release of version 1.6 of MSFS Mobile Companion App. This release adds dedicated control profiles for the PA-28R Arrow III by Just Flight and the A32NX by FlyByWire as well as controls for the GNS430/530 and G1000 units.

861925835f3085b4a152be597965f3e160d292bc

List of new features in v1.6:

• Added aircraft controls profile selection
  • Added controls profiles for GNS430/530, G1000, A32NX (FBW), and PA-28R (Just Flight)
  • Added integration with Mobiflight WASM
  • Added Data tab with IAS, ALT, HDG data
  • Added Sync HDG bug to current heading
  • Added yaw damper AP controls
  • Fixed NAV frequency display UI for iOS

The app currently has built-in controls profiles for the PA-28R Arrow III (Just Flight) and the A32NX (FlyByWire) apart from the default profiles for default aircraft. Over the next weeks, I will be releasing profiles for IndiaFoxtEcho’s Long EZ, T45-C and MB-339, MilViz’s FG-1D Corsair and the Aerosoft’s CRJ-500/750.

Where can I get it? You can download the MSFS Mobile Companion App for free on GitHub or flightsim.to. It’s free. No ads, no in-app purchases, nothing.

Important notice for existing users: Don’t forget to copy the mobiflight-event-module folder into the Community folder.

• Like 2

Please know, this is such an amazing app you have created and i appreciate it so much, as one who is slowly learning about the world of flight simming and falling completely in love with it, having a map that doesn't overwhelm me is insanely helpful.

Thank you kindly.

• Like 1