Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

VR Benchmarks for nVidia Drivers

I'm not alone in seeing massive FPS loss and Stuttering with certain nVidia Drivers in recent months, so I set about this evening to do some identical tests and....well the pictures speak for themselves really! (RTX2070Super, Reverb G1)

Here you can see the FPS loss the Newer the driver gets:

benchmarks_MSF_Jan_2021_nVidia_Drivers-1

In this one you can see why, massive Frametime issues in the latest driver compared to the older one:

benchmarks_MSF_Jan_2021_nVidia_Drivers-2

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Yeah for this Sim 451 is the best, unfortunately it didn't work well with Death Stranding so I've gone back to 457 which still works well with MSF and better than any of the recent 460* drivers.

As soon as Nvidia fix the main issue with hopefully the next driver release I'll try that and report back.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 minutes ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

Does this impact the fps of other games in the same way as MSFS?

Not for me on my system no, MSF is unique in that in VR it's using a lot of resources and much more than any other VR title I currently play.

4 hours ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

Where can we download driver 450.48? The oldest on Nvidia site is 457.30.

It's 451.48 and shows up as first result when googling...

Thanks for this, perfect.

Only one question.

What driver is the best for RTX 30xx as 451.48 seems to old for that?

59 minutes ago, MrStarhouse said:

Thanks for this, perfect.

Only one question.

What driver is the best for RTX 30xx as 451.48 seems to old for that?

The only answer I can give is to try the "oldest that works" and work your way to the current driver and make a note of which one is best for your system, like my first post that's what's best for Me but it may not be best for others. I've someone were to give me an RTX 3xxx card I'll find out though 😋

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5152

[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game (Without using any Hardware monitoring tool). [3152190]

I'll re-do the Benchmarks shortly with a few drivers including this Hotifx one and see what the results are, will post graphs here.

461.33 vs Older Drivers:

Whilst this picture shows an increase in performance I'm not entirely convinced they're that much better overall, with 457 back-to-back benchmarks yielded similar results, with 461.33 there's no consistency, some are worse than others. I'm coming to the conclusion therefore that 457 were much more Stable Drivers than the 460 later ones, meaning you'd get a similar level of Performance each time you loaded up the Sim, whereas with 461.33 it's a bit hit 'n miss.

In the meantime I'll keep 461.33 to gain a longer look at them with regular Flying and to also see if FPSVR has any impact like it did with the other 460s.

benchmarks_MSF_Jan_2021_nVidia_Drivers_4

• Like 1

It would be nice to add the 451.48 into the equation. In your first post, it's the driver with the best performance. It would be nice to see a comparison between the newest and 451.48.

Also, if i look at the results for the 457.30 and 461.09 between your first post and the post above, there is a significant difference for both. Change in settings?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

1 hour ago, Lange_666 said:

It would be nice to add the 451.48 into the equation. In your first post, it's the driver with the best performance. It would be nice to see a comparison between the newest and 451.48.

Also, if i look at the results for the 457.30 and 461.09 between your first post and the post above, there is a significant difference for both. Change in settings?

Yes there has been a settings change, treat each new benchmark as a fresh new one designed to show the difference between each driver at that time. I personally can't use 451 did to that causing issues with Death Stranding big i will try and get time to benchmark today.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1