Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

VR Benchmarks for nVidia Drivers

Gonna download the new driver tonight.

Fingers crossed it out performs ole faithful...

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Hi there, my personal feedback on NVidia drivers with VR, running a RTX 2080 ti:

• I was using 457.09 since a long time with good results, but since MSFS WU5 I have had CTD's on all flights started /:
  • 457.30 and 461.92 gave both CTD's as well
  • I tried the most recent 466.77: No CTD but unusable due to permanent stuters
  • Then I tried 466.11 with the best results I ever had so far, no more CTD's and best performance ever in VR!

My VR scale settings are 100% MSFS / 65% OXR

Cheers

Edited by roland_lfor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

3 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Hi there, my personal feedback on NVidia drivers with VR, running a RTX 2080 ti:

• I was using 457.09 since a long time with good results, but since MSFS WU5 I have had CTD's on all flights started /:
  • 457.30 and 461.92 gave both CTD's as well
  • I tried the most recent 466.77: No CTD but unusable due to permanent stuters
  • Then I tried 466.11 with the best results I ever had so far, no more CTD's and best performance ever in VR!

My VR scale settings are 100% MSFS / 65% OXR

Cheers

Strange that you were getting CTD's with the older drivers.  I have been on 457.30 for a long time, and I have not experienced issues that I could not eventually track down to incompatible Community folder add-ons.  I still will probably try 466.11 based on your post alone (I have an RTX 2070 Super)

466.77 no stuttering and good framerates. Just did a 1 hour multiplayer flight in the Grand Canyon with the Vertigo at top speed. No problems whatsoever.

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Actually it seems that my diagnostic was false. I had again CTD's, until I remove my GPU overclocking :huh: (using MSI Afterburner)

I cross my fingers ... and currently experiment the last 466.77 version.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

They are already on 471.11 these days...

One thing that pops up for if you're a Steam VR user:

[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

471.11 has been working out real well with my 3090/G2.  Been using it for the last few days, and it's been solid (for MSFS, DCS, and IL-2).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I have found a strange cure for stuttering, which I have not seen mentioned elsewhere yet.  I'm using a GTX 1080 and Odyssey+ and getting good results away from cities (still awaiting the end of the GPU drought).  Sometimes I get repetitive stutters, around once a second or so.  I loaded up task manager to see if anything else was stealing CPU/GPU cycles.  However, with task manager running, the stuttering stopped.  Since then, if stuttering occurs, I just load up task manager.  Sometimes I have to flip back and forth between MSFS and task manager a few times, but it does seem to fix it.  At first I thought it was just conicidence; that the stutters would have gone anyway in the time it took to start task manager.  But it does seem to consistently fix the problem.