Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

My own personal transport

My one and only (and not particularly successful, so not repeated) repaint, ported over so I can pose around in MSFS!

VFquehD.jpg

GCmxLqp.jpg

WhKMgeg.jpg

I always liked the idea of doing repaints/skins, but the couple I looked at drove me mad. I used to do a fair bit of graphics work back when I was writing my course materials, so I'm not a complete virgin with graphics packages, but I had great difficulty getting my head round the templates for the aircraft I looked at. The whole thing seemed almost willfully arcane (but then, it was kicked off by MS I guess . . .)

Another one of those areas where I have a great deal of respect for those folk who do successfully put these things out there.

• Like 5

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

BEAUTIFUL!  What a righteous choice of personal flying transport! A twin-seater too; most thoughtful :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Magnificient, Andy!!

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice for a personal transport...(the paint and especially the tail "logo" look good too...🙂...)....

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 6:41 AM, andy1252 said:

My one and only (and not particularly successful, so not repeated) repaint, ported over so I can pose around in MSFS!

VFquehD.jpg

GCmxLqp.jpg

WhKMgeg.jpg

I always liked the idea of doing repaints/skins, but the couple I looked at drove me mad. I used to do a fair bit of graphics work back when I was writing my course materials, so I'm not a complete virgin with graphics packages, but I had great difficulty getting my head round the templates for the aircraft I looked at. The whole thing seemed almost willfully arcane (but then, it was kicked off by MS I guess . . .)

Another one of those areas where I have a great deal of respect for those folk who do successfully put these things out there.

'A virgin with a graphics package' - sets this 82 year old mind racing 🙂.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, olderndirt said:

'A virgin with a graphics package' - sets this 82 year old mind racing

Calm down dear! <grin> (Google "Michael Winner" for reference if that doesn't ring a bell)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, HighBypass said:

BEAUTIFUL!  What a righteous choice of personal flying transport! A twin-seater too; most thoughtful :cool:

On 1/9/2021 at 10:15 PM, bernd1151 said:

Magnificient, Andy!!

20 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Nice for a personal transport...(the paint and especially the tail "logo" look good too...🙂...)....

Thanks folks, and it sure would be fun, wouldn't it? And as a two seater, I could get by even with my minimal pilot skills. Room for a chauffeur!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Room for a chauffeur!

I was thinking more along the lines of you being able to take your significant other for jaunts, or perhaps your mates on AVSIM? :laugh:

A chauffeur eh? Does she look like this?

zcd2Y7P.jpg

Ok the headgear is the wrong time period, but we can dream.. 🍻

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Ok the headgear is the wrong time period, but we can dream.

L7rOqwl.jpg

• Like 1