Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777 Update... coming soon

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes, seriously.

Is it against the AVSIM forum rules to post expressions via gif?   Or is it just something you made up of the fly ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

48 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Is it against the AVSIM forum rules to post expressions via gif?   Or is it just something you made up of the fly ?

No, it’s not against forum rules but seeing two next to each other that imparted no useful info I decided they weren’t worth seeing. We mods use our own judgement.

• Like 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm not one to complain about release dates because I'm always of the belief that if a product isn't released it's because it's not ready.

However I am a little bit concerned as to why we're not seeing images and videos posted. RR said himself a few weeks ago "we'll lift the NDA probably this week" and we haven't seen anything yet. So That's a letdown. 

Back with the original 777 release and the 747 i remember Froogle and a bunch of other simmers showing off the beta. Would be nice if we had something similar before release. 

18 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

I'm not one to complain about release dates because I'm always of the belief that if a product isn't released it's because it's not ready.

However I am a little bit concerned as to why we're not seeing images and videos posted. RR said himself a few weeks ago "we'll lift the NDA probably this week" and we haven't seen anything yet. So That's a letdown. 

Back with the original 777 release and the 747 i remember Froogle and a bunch of other simmers showing off the beta. Would be nice if we had something similar before release. 

I have full trust in PMDG! They released very good and decent software products, each single one of them. And if they won´t release anymore....than they would probably have a very good reason for it.....But for now....I think I will be very pleased to see what they have done when it is out! 

Pleasing everybody with the right "amount" of  information is hard enough. I find they do it very well. I could mention lot´s of others who have complete different strategy and I like how they "tease" us and keep us on track.....

Marcus 

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 2/11/2021 at 5:33 AM, thepilot said:

Now that it's in the air again, I expect the 737 MAX quickly for P3D V5. They probably have everything ready and are just waiting for Boeing's okay.

Next aircraft will be the 787.

I would love it to be the Dreamliner but I have a hunch that the Boeing 777X will be the next development from PMDG and possibly they will add the B737 MAX expansion as well.

Regards

• Like 1

Iván Guerrero

12 hours ago, padrot said:

I would love it to be the Dreamliner but I have a hunch that the Boeing 777X will be the next development from PMDG and possibly they will add the B737 MAX expansion as well.

Regards

More likely the Dreamliner I would say given there's much more performance data out here to build that sim model given its in series production and quite a few airlines that have them. For the B777X, thats still a prototype and there's little detailed spec data available.B737 max is a possibility but I would hedge my bets that the Dreamliner would be the better choice.

Having said that, its PMDG business choice as to what's likely to be successful in the market. I am sure they have a better market understanding than I do!

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

The fact that quite a few "study level" sim pilots will not even consider anything other than real world routes with the correct plane types, I would suggest that the 777X is currently a non starter. The 787 seems to be the obvious candidate for virtual pilots with limited imaginations, but I would love PMDG to prove me wrong by pulling a 757/767 out of the bag.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

38 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The fact that quite a few "study level" sim pilots will not even consider anything other than real world routes with the correct plane types, I would suggest that the 777X is currently a non starter. The 787 seems to be the obvious candidate for virtual pilots with limited imaginations, but I would love PMDG to prove me wrong by pulling a 757/767 out of the bag.

I don't understand that sometimes.  I mean I get wanting to fly a realistic route as possible.  But sometimes it's also more interesting to me to come up with a route that tests the performance capabilities of an airplanes that I have to research prior to the flight.  An example was flying the 777-200LR from Wellington to SFO.  Short runway long flight.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 hours ago, aldridgem said:

More likely the Dreamliner I would say given there's much more performance data out here to build that sim model given its in series production and quite a few airlines that have them. For the B777X, thats still a prototype and there's little detailed spec data available.B737 max is a possibility but I would hedge my bets that the Dreamliner would be the better choice.

Having said that, its PMDG business choice as to what's likely to be successful in the market. I am sure they have a better market understanding than I do!

I understand what you're saying about the Dreamliner, but since PMDG will be moving to the MSFS2020 simulator (which already includes the B787 and B747-8), so I feel like they will go for the B777X, given that it's the successor to their current newly updated product (B777), so which will leave the B747 QOTSII, B737NGUx and B777 as is for Prepar3D v5 which ends its life cycle with LM (probably I think so).

So for next year (2022) they will start their new product cycles on the new simulator (I want to believe), because they are committed to developing with the B737 and probably the B777X as well.

Regards

Iván Guerrero

1 hour ago, padrot said:

since PMDG will be moving to the MSFS2020 simulator

"Moving to"...no.  They've said no such thing.  They've annouced that they are developing for that platform in addition to P3D, not leaving one platform to move to another.

Back to the topic, which is "PMDG 777 update coming soon", not "what's PMDG's next project", PMDG has an update on their forums today, updating their expected release to the end of this week...25-27 Feb. 

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

6 hours ago, w6kd said:

PMDG has an update on their forums today, updating their expected release to the end of this week...25-27 Feb. 

Looking forward to it.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, aldridgem said:

7 hours ago, w6kd said:

PMDG has an update on their forums today, updating their expected release to the end of this week...25-27 Feb. 

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

On 2/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, fluffyflops said:

I'll guess Friday 26th.   Payday for most people 

🙂 right again... 🙂 

14ppkc-6.png

New screenshots just posted all over the PMDG forum. Looks like the NDA has been lifted. 

She is a beautiful bird. I can't wait to see what she looks like in the UA battleship gray livery. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1