Sign in to follow this  
ajcbakker

Performance problems 2.6.6

Dear sir,

Lately I updated from LNM 2.4.5 to LNM 2.6.6 in a remote configuration. On both computers (flying computer and remote computer) LNM installed and using Little Navconnect on the flying computer to make the connection between them. So far so good; everything works as it should be. However when connected to the flying computer the screens and menus on the remote computer reacts very slow. When the cursor points to any menu item it takes one or two seconds before something is happen and is active. When I disconnect from the flying computer everything reacts normal again (as it should be). In LNM version 2.4.5. I did not have these performance issues. Can you tell me what the problem is? Have I missed something; perhaps some options? Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Disable weather from simulator. Especially the airport weather icons on the map cause stutters due to updates from SimConnect. I already mitigated the problem with the release.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick response. I already disabled weather from simulator in LNM 2.4.5. In LNM 2.6.6 I have nothing changed at that options. So I am convinced that in my case this is not the cause of the problem. In the meantime I did some "trial and error" and I detected that the problem has to be found in map zooming. At a certain point of zooming in in the map all the menus are react very slow. When I do a zoom out everything is ok again. So I suppose that it has something to do with the detail of the map. I use OpenStreetMap. I also tried others like OpenTopoMap but that made no difference. Do you have any suggestions? How can I solve this problem? For a good understanding, in LNM 2.4.5 I did not have this issue. Thanks in advance.

Alje

Depending on zoom? Ok. Do you use tracks? This might be a known issue which shows up for certain zoom levels when tracks (NAT, PACOTS) are shown.
Try to delete the tracks in the flight plan menu.

I have this already fixed for the next minor release.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks again. No, I do not use tracks. The option to delete tracks is greyed out. So that could not be the cause.

Suddenly I detected another problem in 2.6.6. On the flying computer I did a "Load Scenery Library". I copied this to the remote computer. When I look in the Information window under the Airport Overview tab I see understanding:

Scenery

0203 Base

E:\FlightsimP3Dv4\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0203\scenery\APX21250.bgl (file not found)

MMMX

E:\FlightsimP3Dv4\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\MMMX-T2G\MMMX\Scenery\MMMX_AF.BGL (file not found)

Is this due to the fact that on the remote computer these files are not present? On the flying computer they are present of course.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Alje

The "(file not found)" is normal and expected when copying a database to another computer. The link is off since the file is not there. Not an issue. Just a hint why the link is disabled.

No idea about the performance issues. Try to disable all weather stuff. Set detail level to normal. Disable all map features and enable again step by step until the problem appears again. Make sure you do not have constant updates enabled ("...Move Map constantly...") in the options on page "Simulator Aircraft". Disable AI traffic in the connection dialog. Check if the update rate is not too high in the connection dialog.
As as last try to reset settings and restart in tools menu. Maybe some options were garbled when updating. Should not happen but you never know.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your response. I will perform all your suggestions in the coming days. Hopefully this will result in a solution. I will keep you informed of my findings. 

Thanks very much.

Alje

Hi Alex,

During the last few days I performed all of your mentioned suggestions. None of the proposed actions has given a solution for the mentioned problem. As I said before, at a certain point of zooming in in the map all the menus are react very slow. When I do a zoom out everything is ok again. At last I did a restore to LNM 2.4.5; and what did you think? Problem solved. So, in my opinion there is something changed in LNM 2.6.6 which is causing this problem. Because of the restore to LNM 2.4.5 also the old problem appeared again that in the information window no "Flight Simulator weather" showed up; only the NOAA weather. In LNM 2.6.6 that problem was solved. So in short, I am convinced that in LNM 2.6.6 there is something wrong with regard to this issue. Can you help me? Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

Alje

Hi Alje,

no idea what causes this except the slowdown due to tracks which I fixed.

Maybe the tracks bug appears even without. Try the following: Download tracks. This will enable the "Show tracks" button on the toolbar. Uncheck this button and delete the tracks again. Maybe this helps since I fixed a few bugs around this.

Another thing: Exclude the database folder C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db from anti-virus scanning.

Can you send me the log file?

Alex