Sign in to follow this  
Guest nem

CLS Environment Boost

what when where how?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE.."The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but still they come!"Ulla!

LOL, there it is, but wont download..JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE.."The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but still they come!"Ulla!

Guest JIMJAM

The FSX payware explosion has begun!First wave-The quick buck stuff.Replacement TexturesGround,roads,taxiways,runways,trees,bushes,grass,rocks,clouds,water,sky,sun,stars,light,:-badteeth All for sale of course.Gotta have it....I have a feeling though that if MS ever comes through with a performance patch,most this cra*, I mean textures are going to be overwritten.Ahh who cares. Its NEW FSX payware!:-jumpy Gotta have it!

Guest 777_lr_2k7

Who releases a product without providing preview shots???? Or am I missing something out?

Guest panda234

They also have a list of the replaced textures on the site. Sounds like a pretty comprehensive list. If there is a big difference between these and the originals it could mean a significant performance boost as well as better textures. So back to the original question, has anyone tried these yet?bill

Guest Rake7575

Downloaded today--approximately 36MB--overwrites some default texture files. I haven't had much time yet to compare and conduct a thoughtful analysis. Although I did notice a change in some runway/taxiway/apron texture--particularly the asphalt runways--they actually look like asphalt vice the default texture which is a strange hybrid of concrete and asphalt (again this was a very small sample size).I didn't notice any improvement at all in the default "american desert" fall land textures (conducting a flight from/around Montgomery Alabama).Did not notice any FPS enhancement or degradation from default.Will give you guys some more info and some more screenshots here shortly.RakeAMD FX-60Nvidia 7950GX2 (1GB) video4GB ultra low latency RAMRaptor 150GB (10000rpm) HDDell 24" (run FSX in 1920x1200 res)fsxenvironboost.jpg

Guest Rake7575

Go with Xclass by Cloud9-get's rid of the great "american desert" and blends autogen/photoreal better into existing textures (pic below). Environmental Boost is not value-added (I have both).Rakefsxtbird1.jpg

Guest Ozzie

You have to give the little beaver a Gold Star for initiative - have a check of the following for some of his MARKETING (expertise?)http://vistaoz.org/smf/index.php?topic=472.0But - we all know that those youngsters will eventually rule the World - Hopefully not for a while yet