Sign in to follow this  
Rolfspan

MSFS Addon Linker -> MSFS 2020 stuck - not working

I installed the Addon linker and following the guidance offered by bad2000 (YouTube).  It appears to have been correctly installed. With the addon working and a number of airports selected I started MSFS 2020. The small 1GB update had previously been installed. MSFS continued the process of loading until the loading line was done and then no further activity. I went on to other activity and on return still no movement. It was still stuck at the New Activities (Statue of Liberty) page of MSFS. I would appreciate any help dealing with this issue.

Thank you. Rolf

Make sure MSFS is closed completely. Run the Addon Linker and right click anywhere over the left side and click Disable all addons. Now start MSFS and see if it loads correctly. If so, one of your mods is causing the problem. Enable them one at a time until you encounter the same issue and then you'll know which mod it is.

James

12 minutes ago, Rolfspan said:

I installed the Addon linker and following the guidance offered by bad2000 (YouTube).  It appears to have been correctly installed. With the addon working and a number of airports selected I started MSFS 2020. The small 1GB update had previously been installed. MSFS continued the process of loading until the loading line was done and then no further activity. I went on to other activity and on return still no movement. It was still stuck at the New Activities (Statue of Liberty) page of MSFS. I would appreciate any help dealing with this issue.

Thank you. Rolf

Are you running the ap as admin?

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@Rolfspan have you tried disabling all addons and launch the sim just to make sure everything is ok.

Then maybe try to enable them a few at a time, sometimes after an update some addons are not compatible and that can lead into problems.

the tool just creates a link to a file, so it should not interfere with the way msfs works (msfs will see exactly the same no matter if it's a link or a real file). Please do those little tests like disabling everything first then re-enabling step by step.

let us know, thank you.

** edit woops ** pretty much everything @Phantoms already said sorry 😜 ... oh well twice can't hurt. thanks also @DJJose for the input as this can also help **

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

I am running the Addon as Admin and MSFS not as Admin.

Gentlemen I will try the disabling suggestion and report back. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

@RolfspanIf you are running Addon as admin, are you launching MSFS from Addon Linker? Probably not if you are running MSFS and selecting Admin. Also are you using FSUIPC7, which can now be launched via MSFS?

In Tools>Options>General: Custom FS start EXE what do you have? I have D:\FSUIPC7\MSFSwithFSUIPC7.bat but in the box above "Choose your FS version" I have Free path / FSJumpStarter 2020 / ...(set the path in the field below)

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Gentlemen, the problem has been solved. The Culprit was an addon named San Juan Island. This folder had 20 some airports as subfolders. I did not have problems like this before however after going through the isolation process this package ended up being the problem. I am certain there is a way to make it work however that will have to wait until tomorrow. Martin, I have not tackled the Addon linker as the FS starter, nor do I use FUIPC 7 yet with this sim. So much to learn. I am tankful for the help you Gentlemen offered so soon. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Rolf

Edited by Rolfspan
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

FYI, I had problems with the San Juan Island scenery causing problems after one of the MSFS patches.   I was running an older version.  The author has updated this scenery and it works great now.

Thank you. That is such a beautiful region to fly in. Ill have a look at it again.

Edited by Rolfspan
Spelling