Sign in to follow this  
Filiar418

PWS A330 command

For the life of me I am trying to customise after landing procedure for my SOP and have tried at least 50 different combinations from the documentation and I can't control the PWS predictive windshear switch. No issue for radar on and off but no joy with the PWS.

Any sugestions.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Filiar418 said:

For the life of me I am trying to customise after landing procedure for my SOP and have tried at least 50 different combinations from the documentation and I can't control the PWS predictive windshear switch. No issue for radar on and off but no joy with the PWS.

Any sugestions.

Thanks

We don't usually bother with such switches as nobody seemed to care. Could be added though.

Which plane are we talking about here?

Is it Aerosoft A330?

Edited by FS++

Yes the A330 Aerosoft....many of line pilots are not flying as much due to covid and the Aerosoft version is a good fall back to keep our brains current.

As we say any monkey can fly but not every one can manage a flight.

Our daily pilot duties are simple in nature but only because we keep a strick regiment on procedures.

Hence the PWS switch. Also if you have any info on how to program failures please feel free

On 1/10/2021 at 12:25 AM, Filiar418 said:

Yes the A330 Aerosoft....many of line pilots are not flying as much due to covid and the Aerosoft version is a good fall back to keep our brains current.

As we say any monkey can fly but not every one can manage a flight.

Our daily pilot duties are simple in nature but only because we keep a strick regiment on procedures.

Hence the PWS switch. Also if you have any info on how to program failures please feel free

Agree. Will be looked at this week.

If there is something else overlooked, let us know.

MCE doesn't trigger failures. But it can certainly handle them, with FO potentially going though QRH with you and setting switches as you see fit.

Some planes like FSL A3XX or PMDG 737, 747, T7 can be set to trigger complex system failures.

May be able to trigger simple things like engine failure via the P3D menu.

Edit: Sorry if you miscread original reply. I was meant to write "can handle failures" and I typed can't instead.

Edited by FS++
typo

On 1/9/2021 at 5:44 PM, Filiar418 said:

Any sugestions.

Thanks

Download this patch

Manually replace files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\  (as per folder structure)

Also replace a single dll in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ and/or  \Prepar3D v5\MCE dlls\  folder.

A new set of speech commands for the PWS switch

weather radar predictive windshear switch to off/auto  (on also accepted as auto)

predictive windshear set to off/auto 

weather pws set to off/auto 

weather radar pws auto/off

etc...

etc... many more vaiations

Anyone else already on MCE V2.8.9.4 or higher, only need patch if running Aerosoft A330 or PF3 ATC.