Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

FLAI has been decommissioned

The popular traffic matching package for VATSIM used by FSX/P3D users has been decommissioned. They have released a statement on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/195475951057687/posts/697943554144255/?d=n. You can also read it on their website: https://flai.app/

Pretty bad news to be honest and a loss to the community.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Terrible news. As somebody who only flies on vatsim this is horrible. Why would a freeware painter pull back?  I’m scratching my head on this 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Unbelievable. Now what for those on Vatsim?

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 3

Eric 

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Unbelievable. Now what for those on Vatsim?

Well I’ll be backing mine up. So while no updates it will still continue to work 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Well I’ll be backing mine up. So while no updates it will still continue to work 

Same here. Back up the xml file in the addon folder as well. 

• Like 2

Eric 

Something better will pop up esepically for MSFS its just such a HUGE market and some one will fill the void. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

we a re on time! lets share our files of fLAI traffic!

msfs..oh, they sold us traffic online that is not true. where is it? only three airliner models...whats that? 

good product but not all true. 

the fact that msfs doenst defend other developers, full of illusion doing good things for the people (in a terrible year like this) is veeery sad.

we are not going to go into the capitol as those terrible people, but we can share FLAI filesand defend them .

holds from spain.

There's already a thread on the sad news

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593444-flai-has-been-decommissioned/

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

42 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Same here. Back up the xml file in the addon folder as well. 

Same here and the fact we can still expand on it. I've been expanding my AI fleet over the months in FLAi. At least now I know it won't be over written with further updates. Luckily I manually downloaded before the site went down. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

It will never cease to amaze me that some of these groups seem to guard their (freeware) territory more zealously than companies with millions of dollars at stake...human nature is quite something.

Sad for simmers, of course, as it always is.

James

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

This is even more frightening as (i) Ai traffic and notably liveries is certainly one of the loose ends of MSFS, (ii) there is no payware MSFS package in sight. UTLive for MSFS, should it ever materialize, can be expected around 2030, and the competing freeware packages seem to be more focused on their sensitivities than development.

I would gladly pay or donate for a quality AI addon for MSFS, but there simply is none.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

36 minutes ago, honanhal said:

It will never cease to amaze me that some of these groups seem to guard their (freeware) territory more zealously than companies with millions of dollars at stake

Ridiculous to say the least. I always have the feeling that this kind of behaviour is driven by a lack of achievements in other areas of life.

Edited by carlito777
  • Like 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

It will never cease to amaze me that some of these groups seem to guard their (freeware) territory more zealously than companies with millions of dollars at stake...human nature is quite something.

We know who to thank. I'd much rather support a good payware developer at this point. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DylanM said:

We know who to thank. I'd much rather support a good payware developer at this point. 

Who?