Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

FLAI has been decommissioned

49 minutes ago, DylanM said:

We know who to thank. I'd much rather support a good payware developer at this point. 

Please elaborate, would like to know as well.

Eric 

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

We know who to thank. I'd much rather support a good payware developer at this point. 

Given how payware has always been slow to update schedules and repaints, I wouldn't.

2 hours ago, honanhal said:

It will never cease to amaze me that some of these groups seem to guard their (freeware) territory more zealously than companies with millions of dollars at stake...

Hugely appreciate what AIG have done for P3D simmers in giving us tons and tons of AI. But just like Vatsim and IVAO, it seems that very often, personalities in our community can't work well together.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

AIG has been politely complaining about other groups using their work and not only without providing proper credit, but also as in the case of FLAI, without even asking permission prior to the initial release. Until recently, this issue had been in a stalemate, but in the interim other groups started doing the same thing, so a group of painters finally said enough is enough. Keep in mind, these packages only automated the process of setting up AI. The paints and models are still readily available from the original authors and are still free.

The same thing has started happening with MSFS AI, so it doesn't surprise me that the car finally went into ditch. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, pmb said:

This is even more frightening as (i) Ai traffic and notably liveries is certainly one of the loose ends of MSFS, (ii) there is no payware MSFS package in sight. UTLive for MSFS, should it ever materialize, can be expected around 2030, and the competing freeware packages seem to be more focused on their sensitivities than development.

I would gladly pay or donate for a quality AI addon for MSFS, but there simply is none.

Kind regards, Michael

But I thought AIG OCI for MSFS is heavily under work https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aig-ai-manager-oci-for-msfs-development-announcement/324219 ?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I guess the hard part to understand is that nobody was monetizing it right?  So how is it different?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Right, and there is also FSLTS under work 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fslivetraffic-liveries-fsltl-new-trailer-and-status-update/341358

but given the latest issues I damped my expectations. Anyway, I can't really judge as I lost track of this hurly-burly.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

So sad news :(! I was sincerely hoping for this mod which would greatly change the AI traffic.  

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Reaching out to AIG...

CA20-AC4-B-C964-4338-8-FF8-CF3-ED1-AD9-B

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Well, as they say sometimes the fire has to burn bright before you call for water. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and an agreeable set of terms can be reached with Vatsim brokering the negotiation. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Really too bad.. All the folks have done amazing work like FBW team.  I wish it could have worked out.  I would gladly pay as well for a working AI system.  That said, that is what Asobo advertised so I am a little disappointed that this has moved this slowly on their end even though it may also be out of their control.  Just want AI like mytraffic has done so well.  Oh well..tick tock...

2 hours ago, knich said:

Really too bad.. All the folks have done amazing work like FBW team.  I wish it could have worked out.  I would gladly pay as well for a working AI system.  That said, that is what Asobo advertised so I am a little disappointed that this has moved this slowly on their end even though it may also be out of their control.  Just want AI like mytraffic has done so well.  Oh well..tick tock...

Have you tried AIG? It is free, and as mentioned it is in development. It is the best AI solution I have encountered in 20 years, and I was a big fan of Ultimate Traffic for years.

• Upvote 2

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Is there a good alternative for model matching or any other options? Having only recently joined I'm stuck with default liveries at the moment. 

Thanks