Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

FLAI has been decommissioned

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

Well, as they say sometimes the fire has to burn bright before you call for water. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and an agreeable set of terms can be reached with Vatsim brokering the negotiation. 

Ive always some (but not all) of the people at Aig infuriating. 

Ive found In life that people  having a career in working in IT with coding  or just dealing with computer machines in general (and having no dealings with actual people)  have issues with their social skills.  

Point being I remember being single in my 20s and early 30s and going speed dating a few times, it was always full of 'guys in IT' who where nervous, twitchy, couldn't hold eye contact, introverted, and basically had rubbish social skills, not to mention they didn't get out much. 

I'd say its a similar thing in my profession.  We sit in a back office dealing with   computer systems that show us slots, ofps, metars, Tafs, crew rosters, spreadsheets with data on etc.  We don't have contact with other PEOPLE, hence being why alot of the people I work with have awful social skills and come across as a bit wierd. 

Same issue with PC gamers, they are not Interacting with people hence why their social skills are not  very good and which then gives you other problems in life

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Bingobango said:

Is there a good alternative for model matching or any other options? Having only recently joined I'm stuck with default liveries at the moment. 

Thanks 

I merged your new topic into an existing topic on the subject.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Have you tried AIG? It is free, and as mentioned it is in development. It is the best AI solution I have encountered in 20 years, and I was a big fan of Ultimate Traffic for years.

How do you try it?  It is not available?

8 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Have you tried AIG? It is free, and as mentioned it is in development. It is the best AI solution I have encountered in 20 years, and I was a big fan of Ultimate Traffic for years.

Edited by knich

Don’t think it was moved. Either way this is the appropriate forum. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 hours ago, F737NG said:

Given how payware has always been slow to update schedules and repaints, I wouldn't.

we have been dupped over and over by live traffic and global traffic with years old schedules. which is now why i keep to real trafiic and psx seecon.

i have a custom ai pack which i have been updating over the years.  

14ppkc-6.png

28 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

we have been dupped over and over by live traffic and global traffic with years old schedules. which is now why i keep to real trafiic and psx seecon.

i have a custom ai pack which i have been updating over the years.  

I use PSXSeecontraffic + Real Traffic for Prepar3d as well, however, it's not yet fit for MSFS on my system (or I just was not able to properly configure it yet). And BTW, FLAi was the default base for PSXSeecontraffic, so this will have to be modified as well.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, knich said:

Why was this topic moved from MSFS 20 forum?

No idea why. I was just wondering if you used it in P3D or FSX. If you did, you would be comfortable with the direction things are going. It is a great product in those sims, and I'm sure it will be great in MSFS.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

8 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

it is still and we are still on track 😉 development on the resources side (models, repaints might be even get a extra push in the next weeks - but thats not sure yet).

But that is for MSFS, not P3D? Or is it coming to P3D?

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

Hey boys and girls. How about a bedtime story to lighten the mood? Once upon a time there was a community garden called Agraria where each farmer raised crops for their own personal use. One day the farmers got together and decided that since the harvest was so plentiful, that peasants could come to the fields and pick vegetables for free. For many years all was right in the happy little valley.

Then one day, Farmer Alfalflai who ran a nearby farm had an idea to help people who were even too poor to afford a horse and buggy to drive the the Agraria farm. He went around with his big wagon to all the Agraria farm plots and collected carrots and cabbages and rutabagas and even kale. Then he took his harvest back to his farm and opened a farmstand by the side of the road. He put up a big sign reading, "Farmer Alfalflai's Farmstand. Free organic fresh vegetables."

After awhile, all the farmers at the Agraria co-op heard about the farmstand and sent an emissary to talk to Farmer Alfalflai. The emissary was polite and said that Farmer Alfalflai could keep his farmstand open under two conditions. First he had to edit his sign to say that the vegetables were from the Agaria farm and second, he had to obtain permission from every farmer who had provided vegetables. Farmer Alfalflai balked at the latter demand because it meant literally asking hundreds of Agraria's farmers for permission.

Farmer Alfalflai decided to just ignore Agraria's demands. And since the community as a whole was benefitting, Agraria's farmers kept grumbling but did nothing to stop Farmer Alfalflai's farmstand. But then other farms in the little happy valley got the same idea as Farmer Alfalflai. Soon there were dozens of farmstands dotting the valley, all providing vegetables from the Agraria Farm for free. Even Agraria set up their own farmstand.

Finally one day, a few of Agraria's farmers decided that enough was enough. Honey hadn't worked so they tried vinegar. They told Farmer Alfalflai to shut down his farmstand and he had no choice, so he did. All the farmstands except Agraria's closed down except for a few online farmstands on the dark web. And a great darkness descended on the happy little valley.

(To be continued)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, B777ER said:

But that is for MSFS, not P3D? Or is it coming to P3D?

AIG OCI is already working for offline AI in P3Dv4/5 since 2018

• Like 3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png