Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

FLAI has been decommissioned

1 hour ago, gronji2004 said:

Forgive me for asking but does anyone have the installer they are willing to share or point me in the right direction for another similar programme? Juts done a clean install of P3D and forgot to back up and FLAI files.

Unfortunately there isn't another straightforward alternative to FLAI that I am aware of. You can use AIG models but their promise of a One Click Installer is very far from the truth if you just want AI models.

• Upvote 1

This sucks so bad man 😞  IF anyone still has the original installer and is willing to share it'd be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I'll stick to a Cessna appearing as a 747 online for now ...

5 minutes ago, gronji2004 said:

This sucks so bad man 😞  IF anyone still has the original installer and is willing to share it'd be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I'll stick to a Cessna appearing as a 747 online for now ...

FlAI was an online download for the install and update process so it's not going to be easy to reinstall once deleted. It would be worth joining the AIG forum to see if there is a simple way to get just their AI models without the other AIG functionality.

If anyone knows a simple way to just get the models and textures,  etc... into a simobjects folderneeded for online Vatsim traffic from the AIG OCI without it doing anything else it would be appreciated.  I downloaded it but it is confusing and it wants to change bgl files, etc... Very confused. I never use offline AI so don't need any flightplans or the traffic.bgl messed with.

Eric 

I had to move Prepar3d 5 to a new computer.  Before I did, I copied the FLAI folder which was in my appdata/roaming folder onto a thumbdrive.

In the new computer, I transferred the FLAI folder to my appdata/roaming folder.  Then I also added the FLAi_Model_Matching.vmr into documents/vPilot files/FLAI.  The problem is, vpilot is not recognizing the models, even though I add FLAi_Model_Matching.vmr to Custom rules in vpilot.

I think the problem is, I don't seem to have an addon.xml file for FLAi.  If you have one, could you send it to me?  Thanks.

Bob Bressert

Would really appreciate it if someone with the original installer could send it my way. Had my hard drive fail and now have no AI on Carson, total game ruined! AIG is awfully difficult to get up and running.

thanks so much

18 hours ago, benh320 said:

Would really appreciate it if someone with the original installer could send it my way. Had my hard drive fail and now have no AI on Carson, total game ruined! AIG is awfully difficult to get up and running.

thanks so much

The installer will not work as it needs to download the files from the FLAi sever which was taken down. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

It’s ironic that freeware artists are up in arms because somebody uploaded their “work” they copied from the original artist who did said real world aircraft. Did the freeware painter reach out the artist who designed the actual paint job and design of the real world aircraft for their permission.

• Upvote 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

6 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

It’s ironic that freeware artists are up in arms because somebody uploaded their “work” they copied from the original artist who did said real world aircraft. Did the freeware painter reach out the artist who designed the actual paint job and design of the real world aircraft for their permission.

The issue is way deeper than this.. you are looking at this with a very narrow view.. re-painters are only one part of the equation.. most of the people in "arms" as you are putting it were the 3D modellers.. you have also people that spend many hours / years! doing schedules.. they are in "arms" as well.

In any case, does it matter? I have explained this before, it is their work.. not ours. They can do with it wherever they want.. and they don;t want it being used now outside of the scope they planned it in the first place... it is their right and I don't understand why it is so difficult to accept these freeware developers do not wish other 3rd party people to take advantage of their work for their own purposes.. it is as simple as that..

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

This thread leads to nothing but misunderstanding and faulty interpretations. So many people are thinking to much and can simply not accept that it is the way it is. Owners must not explain why, when, how to, if, etc. 

Actually very simple....but for some to complex. 

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I think the sad part is that it is the innocent users who end up "suffering" (for want of a better term). I can understand the frustration when something that has been working great on your PC is suddenly taken away from you. This is why I prefer using stuff that is backed up offline. Having to rely on the continued availability of online components can result in situations like this.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any further word from AIG on an easier installer for those that just want online traffic?

Eric