Sign in to follow this  
Ramasurinen

FSX, shared cockpit voice..

Hi, I have a little question..In FSX I had nice expirience with the MP shared cockpit, but altough voice is reasonable clear and crisp, I need to yell in the mike to get over some point of decibels to get it picked up.Is there any setting I might overlooked to prevent this squelch alike hurd?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE.."The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but still they come!"Ulla!

Guest Captain Behrentzs

Lol ;)Yes, try this: Go to controlpanel --> Sounds and Sound devices --> Voice --> Volume (the one with the "recording of voice"). And the try to turn up the sliders :( ---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkhttp://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gifALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

hehe.. I tried that already, its maxed out, and the mike boost is on too.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE.."The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but still they come!"Ulla!

The biggest problem with voice in multiplayer is that the engine and environment sounds, like wind etc, are for most aircraft vastly overpowered, especially the bell 206 sounds. Try turning down all your sound sliders in FSX to 5% or so, and see how voice comes through after that. Your copilot will need to do the same thing. The "voice" sound slider in FSX is just for tuning the AI ATC system voices and has no effect on voice in multiplayer. Unless you have a very high quality headset mic, a lot of people won't be able to hear you over their engines.In reality, most pilots who fly say more than once a week, invest in a pair of active noise cancelling headsets, and those reduce all outside noise to a very low hum, quite pleasant to use.If you have a desktop mic, chuck it and get a good headset one, they just can't reproduce your voice with any volume, no matter what windows sound settings are.Also be aware, that if you're hosting a session on anything less than high speed cable, your voice will come through garbled whenever someone joins your session. When they join, they're downloading all the session information from the host, like weather, aircraft lists, and so on, and your voice gets a lower priority in bandwidth during that time, roughly 20 seconds or so. Also, you don't need to hold the push to talk key if you're sharing an aircraft with someone. Shared aircraft voices are always on between the pilots.Hope that helps, cheers.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations