Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

P3D v5.1 HF Sim Director DGXI error question

My Flight Sim (v5.1 HF 1) works fine with no error issues but I get the DXGI error  in Sim Director. Win10, GTX 1080 Ti, 16 G Ram, latest driver 460 89.

I changed Power Management in NVIDIA to maximum performance and it actually worked....one time. I exited and tried it again and then got the error as soon as I clicked on a scenery object to place in the scenery.

I then disabled ALL my scenery and AI to include ORBX in the Sim. Still got the error.

Are there any thoughts as to what would cause the error only in Sim Director when the Flight Sim works perfectly?

I posted this on the P3D Forum on Jan 5th.  There are 357 views but no suggestions.  I understand that P3D is working on the issue but I thought I would see if anyone here as experienced the issue and has a suggestion.   Would lowering all my settings in the Sim make a difference in Sim Director?   

Thanks,

Ken Thompson

I have had this problem through several version of P3D, comes and goes with nothing I have done that made any differance...up to LM to figure it out as all the suggestion I have seen don't work.

percy

16 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've encountered this problem also and reported to LM.  Here are some work-arounds that sorted me:

1.  Disable Bathymetry

2.  Disable Vegetation Shadows cast/receive

3.  Make sure you have the latest TrueGlass.dll and RealLight.dll from TDFi in your gauges folder

4.  Don't overclock your GPU

Cheers, Rob.

Interesting about the latest real light and true glass.

when did this come out?

I have the qw 787 1.3.1 and no news on latest true glass and realight mentioned.

How do I obtain it for the 787?

i would  ask over  at qw forums but they never respond.

cheers 

mike

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

A week or so ago, should be available via TDFi forums.

Cheers, Rob

I don’t own the tfdi aircrafts thou.

Thanks 

mike 

Unfortunately, neither 1, 2, or 3 fixed it for me.  I am not sure I want to try #4.   It came from JetLine set.

Thanks anyway Rob.  I guess I just wait until they sort it out.   It is too bad since adding objects to scenery is almost as much enjoyment to as flying.  

With GeForce Experience, try going back to earlier GeForce driver example 451.xx - might not be ideal for some more recent games. Also might try the Studio driver version.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

15 minutes ago, SteveW said:

With GeForce Experience, try going back to earlier GeForce driver example 451.xx - might not be ideal for some more recent games. Also might try the Studio driver version.

That is a thought I may explore.  I don't play any other games.  This PC is just for P3D.    I update the drivers as they come out normally.  Of course, I don't want to trade off any of  the good stuff V5 is doing for Sim Director.   

Edited by kenthom