Sign in to follow this  
simsuper80

significant fps drop after 10-20 min

when I first boot up the sim at o'hare in the PMDG 737 with ai traffic (100%), the fps are in the low 30s, which is pretty good. after about 10 to 20 minutes, my fps drops to below 20, from the same viewpoint. removing all ai traffic at this point does not seem to have any effect (ai traffic is off in the second picture). if it helps, I have an RTX 3090 with an I9 10900k at 5.1ghz.

e03e391365865552.jpg 

061a5f1365865583.jpg 

Marco D'Agostino

3 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

Bump

Does the issue happen elsewhere? Not sure why you'd want 100% AI. Maybe that's the problemn?

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

Just reading at large I appear to be seeing multiple references to the 3090 on issues like this like FPS.  Some only reported so far with one or two aircraft models.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, Shinx13 said:

Does the issue happen elsewhere? Not sure why you'd want 100% AI. Maybe that's the problemn?

the thing is, even with 100% AI I was having good fps. but then when I remove all AI after the fps goes down, the fps impact is negligible. not even moving all sliders to the left, AND removing all ai improves the fps.

and as far as elsewhere, im not sure. it was very noticeable at O'Hare, which is why i took the screenshots there.

and in my case, the gradual drop in fps was also happening with the default f-35.

Marco D'Agostino

So I tested this at another airport known to be heavy on fps (toronto) and it never went below 25fps

Edited by simsuper80

Marco D'Agostino

On 1/11/2021 at 4:59 AM, simsuper80 said:

the thing is, even with 100% AI I was having good fps. but then when I remove all AI after the fps goes down, the fps impact is negligible. not even moving all sliders to the left, AND removing all ai improves the fps.

and as far as elsewhere, im not sure. it was very noticeable at O'Hare, which is why i took the screenshots there.

and in my case, the gradual drop in fps was also happening with the default f-35.

How is your RAM usage during start and after those mentioned 20 minutes? Is it stable or increasing? How are you decreasing AI? Within the root sim menu or via FSUIPC? 

The way you described it it seems that  AI is removed visually but not physically. Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

How is your RAM usage during start and after those mentioned 20 minutes? Is it stable or increasing? How are you decreasing AI? Within the root sim menu or via FSUIPC? 

The way you described it it seems that  AI is removed visually but not physically. Marcus

I removed it within the in sim settings and closing AIG traffic controller. The FPS does not drop at flytampa toronto like it does at o,hare.

And I have not looked at ram but I have 32GB

Edited by simsuper80

Marco D'Agostino

22 minutes ago, simsuper80 said:

I removed it within the in sim settings and closing AIG traffic controller. The FPS does not drop at flytampa toronto like it does at o,hare.

And I have not looked at ram but I have 32GB

Maybe look at the RAM usage the next time to be sure there is no issue with memory leak and AI. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

memory in use seems stable. the only noticeable difference I see is the available memory which was above 6.5GB when the fps where high. when the fps were below 20, the available memory was 6 to 6.1GB.

Marco D'Agostino

7 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

memory in use seems stable. the only noticeable difference I see is the available memory which was above 6.5GB when the fps where high. when the fps were below 20, the available memory was 6 to 6.1GB.

Are you talking about RAM or VRAM here. I talked about RAM . And 6 available out of 32 seems a little less for p3d to me. I have always round about 12 to 14 gb ram in use out of 32 at 3600mhz 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 1/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, mpo910 said:

Are you talking about RAM or VRAM here. I talked about RAM . And 6 available out of 32 seems a little less for p3d to me. I have always round about 12 to 14 gb ram in use out of 32 at 3600mhz 

Yes, I was referring to regular RAM

Marco D'Agostino

20 minutes ago, simsuper80 said:

Yes, I was referring to regular RAM

That should be to high I think. But maybe other 32GB RAM users can share their thoughts to on this. I checked mine lately and I can confirm may is almost always hovering around 10 to 11 GB out of 32GB (3600MhZ XMP 1 or 2 set in Bios). This is with "Midrange" settings in P3D and using VR (so very demanding my system).

6 out of 32 GB available means 26GB is used. That is a whole lot used by P3D.

Other thoughts here?

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I can check flytampa toronto and see if my RAM numbers are any different. So far im only seeing this issue at o'hare

Marco D'Agostino

I noticed similar phenomenon on my system and after some test I conclude it's due to ATCAPI:

After disable it my system is working fine.

Not sure if it's your problem though.