Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

So, is FSX Deluxe worth $70?

>In response to: You'll have to turn so much eye candy down in>FSX that FS9 will look better and run smoother>>That may be true with your machine but it is nonetheless a>generalzation. It is not true for ALL machines.>But what is interesting, is that in many situations, FSX with auto-gen off, still looks far better than FS9 with full auto-gen and other options. Areas that I like auto-gen off, are the combination of city/mountain scapes. It'a much more like a photo with a bit of altitude. FS9 could never look as good, and I do get around 25 fps of smooth stutterless flight in these areas! L.Adamson

So what your saying is you have add ons to make FS9 look better. Let's compare apples to apples. You're assuming like many others that because YOU can't get it to run to your liking that it must be so for others. Ever think it might be your hardware configuration that made it crash? Or perhaps other programs running in the background? Pretty easy to blame it on FSX.

Guest SimDog

I have no issue with the price. I'm more upset with the state of the program. So many problems other than performance issues such as, taxi and landing lights, erratic wind changes, poor airport beacon visibility, objects sinking into the ground, simconnect, a no-value- added change to the progressive taxi marker, strobe and navigation lights still visible in no-panel 2D mode, to name a few. What was done that took three years and 165 people?Yes, I agree fps is an issue. I hope other problems will be addressed and not just Vista/DX10.SDP.S. I sincerely hope everyone is enjoying the animals.

I agree for the most part, but as soon as you descend to landing altitude the world looks awfully flat without autogen. Love the extra FPS, but looks as though one is landing on a cardboard cutout without autogen..Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>I agree for the most part, but as soon as you descend to>landing altitude the world looks awfully flat without autogen.> Love the extra FPS, but looks as though one is landing on a>cardboard cutout without autogen..>I still have all my airport buildings, oil refineries, refinery tanks, towers, and an assortment of city buildings. While auto-gen certainly makes a difference in some situations, I've found that the photo-type city/subdivision textures can look quite good & convincing on the approach, and even from a side window view. If I'm looking towards the airport & runway, then the elasped time between the look of photo textures, and the look of flatness is rather short. By the same token, a lot of "cartoon like" auto-gen houses don't look to impressive if you stare at them too! It's still compromises, any way you "look" at it.But regardless, I just prefer the overall look of FSX's high res textures compared to FS9. Because of that, I'm willing to put up with other faults. And in reality, every full world flight sim has had many faults, whether those complaining about a particular sim, want to admit it or not.L.Adamson

My only complaint is, that in real life , the sun don'trise properly. It's one degree out!!!Hope this helps.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest mariosunshine

just like I said earlier, I have fs9 with all possible add-ons... I stopped firing it up it's just to boring in comparison with FSX,... JUST FLAT UGLY FLYING ON rails, I have a mid range machine and never had any of the described bugs, the landclass can already easiliy be fixed with the cloud9 product., never had strange crashes or stutters, maybe because I run xp64..who knows, maybe thats why. Otherwise, if you don't like it, just keep on enjoying FS9 for the next 20 years, it's good enough.greetings from the desertkpsp

Let's not forget:6. Lack of dusk lighting7. Unrealistic rain/snow effects8. terrible landclass outside the USTo name a few more...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

"Sorry but I don't consider myself lame for making the most of it."Just long as your not lame enough to throw out FS9 at this point. That would be lame... Where did you read Aces is going to release a patch before the DX10 patch??? Last I heard the only patch planned was for Vista, furthermore Aces never committed to fixing anything in particular.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Redvan

>just like I said earlier, I have fs9 with all possible>add-ons... I stopped firing it up it's just to boring in>comparison with FSX,... JUST FLAT UGLY FLYING ON rails, I have>a mid range machine and never had any of the described bugs,>the landclass can already easiliy be fixed with the cloud9>product., never had strange crashes or stutters, maybe because>I run xp64..who knows, maybe thats why. Otherwise, if you>don't like it, just keep on enjoying FS9 for the next 20>years, it's good enough.>>greetings from the desert>>kpsp I like this post...anywho, greetings from lansing Jeff :)

>just like I said earlier, I have fs9 with all possible>add-ons... I stopped firing it up it's just to boring in>comparison with FSX,... JUST FLAT UGLY FLYING ON rails, I have>a mid range machine and never had any of the described bugs,>the landclass can already easiliy be fixed with the cloud9>product., never had strange crashes or stutters, maybe because>I run xp64..who knows, maybe thats why. Otherwise, if you>don't like it, just keep on enjoying FS9 for the next 20>years, it's good enough.>>greetings from the desert>>kpspA desert-dweller loves FSX .... why doesn't that surprise me? Most of FSX is desert, so I bet you're in hog's heaven :-lolJ/K :)