Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FSDT LOUSIVILLE Released!

43 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

Virtuali, any surprise additions for this scenery, such as the Lincoln bridge?

We thought about it but:

- It's a bit outside of the airport

- The other bridges nearby would still look bad as Lidar bridges usually do, so modeling just the missing bridge without the others would look weird, and the thing with Lidar is that you cannot really remove it, you can only "squash" it on ground to be eventually replaced with a custom 3d, but this doesn't work very well for bridges, since you would need to redo the water under them so, it would be maybe starting to look more like a "Louisville Landmarks" product, rather than just an airport it was designed to be.

- Is still not possible with the current SDK to define custom paths for traffic cars, which is what you are normally supposed to do if you want to add a missing bridge.

We added something we never had in the FSX/P3D version, the static C130s for the Airlift Wing, which are new to this version, and we managed to tweak the default ground services to have the pushback trucks on the UPS cargo stands, so they won't stand on the platform.

Of course, we'll get all the custom Cargo operations we had in the FSX/P3D version, once we'll get GSX working in MSFS, let's just hope some good 3rd party airliner ( with a Cargo version ) would be available by then, to give some meaning to Cargo airports.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 6

Is Louisville really a destination for that many of us? Is it a package carrier hub like Memphis?  I call Indiana my second home state (was born in NC)  and I cannot ID a good reason to fly to Louisville.  On the other hand, Lexington?  Would grab that one if Univ of Kentucky would stop refusing to play my Indiana in an annual home-and-home year-to-year rivalry series.

I could drive to Louisville for the Derby.....

Give me KIND, Indianapolis.  Indy has a flourishing convention center, a pro basketball team, is a great destination for collegiate sports, and holds the Indianapolis 500.  The entire 2021 NCAA National Basketball tourney will be played at sites either in, or within an hour's drive of KIND.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I flew a lot of UPS flights in KSDF in P3D...I imagine that would be the primary purpose for most people.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

17 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I flew a lot of UPS flights in KSDF in P3D...I imagine that would be the primary purpose for most people.

Thank you. Did not realize it was a UPS hub....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

24 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Thank you. Did not realize it was a UPS hub....

It’s “THE” UPS Hub

• Like 6

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

It’s “THE” UPS Hub

Exactly, batches of arrivals and departures occur at various times during the day and night. The UPS jets are quite common in our skies, especially at arrival times.

Ken

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

Is Louisville really a destination for that many of us? Is it a package carrier hub like Memphis?  I call Indiana my second home state (was born in NC)  and I cannot ID a good reason to fly to Louisville.  On the other hand, Lexington?  Would grab that one if Univ of Kentucky would stop refusing to play my Indiana in an annual home-and-home year-to-year rivalry series.

Give me KIND, Indianapolis.  Indy has a flourishing convention center, a pro basketball team, is a great destination for collegiate sports, and holds the Indianapolis 500.  The entire 2021 NCAA National Basketball tourney will be played at sites either in, or within an hour's drive of KIND.

KSDF is perfect for me because I live in Louisville, Ky and am very glad to see it modeled.  And yes, KSDF is actually a big deal in cargo shipping.  It is the second busiest in cargo traffic in the USA, and the fourth busiest in the world. Looks like i'll be busy flying a lot of UPS cargo flights and also flying in a few business jets to and from the Kentucky Derby.

• Like 1

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

For me it gives me a good airport that is not far from KORD Chicago. Back and forth. Otherwise I have to plan too long a flight and without Pause on TOP or fly at 2X speed, I don't want to sit and watch for 3 hours. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Love it Perfect for the Midwest Flyers

SDSF to KATL and back 

SDSF to KMDW or KORD Veek5 Arrival, flying around Grissom AFB B52's Mil Operations

SDSF to KMEM UPS Freighter 

Regards

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

48 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

How did you get the AI aircraft?:)

I didn't do anything special. It was all there by default.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well, you surely must have installed something like the liveries Megapack, otherwise you won't have all those real world liveries. But yes, of course KSDF has a proper AFCAD with airline codes so, if you have a good AI set, they'll populate the scenery as they should.