Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

KJFK up to KPOU

I just realised I've not actually visited NY in MSFS. Can't think why, so off I went. Out of JFK, which looks pretty good for a default airport, and off towards Manhattan

i6RoFiI.jpg

0KWCGGb.jpg

sfMZEiW.jpg

5cVCZnT.jpg

0knzGYu.jpg

1IPHD4I.jpg

PrQHOj2.jpg

Approaching Nyack up ahead on the left.
xWhLISC.jpg

I had a couple of teaching trips here back in the day. Loved the town. Small, quite peaceful, and a lovely little downtown section with a few really good secondhand-book shops - always a good indicator of civilisation as far as I'm concerned
jNnpVgO.jpg

CuWwhzN.jpg

I think, but I'm not sure, this may have been the place I was teaching. If I look closely with the drone the buildings are marked as shopping mall stuff, but I was at the Prudential and I seem to remember it was a massive set of buildings, but who knows.
Su5U6Pj.jpg

lTb061m.jpg

Good old AI ships!
GZZ8TXv.jpg

oFhsHLs.jpg

And then on to Poughkeepsie, home of IBM

7kEoEEQ.jpg

According to Google Maps that's the IBM manufacturing complex coming up
6emenII.jpg

sydL8l9.jpg

mKRW38U.jpg

and swinging in to touch down at KPOU, the local strip
qa9uDbl.jpg

• Like 11

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Excellent series. So glad you headed up the Hudson for additional exploring.

John

• Like 1

Looks real except for the trees , for New York  at this time of year they all should be bare trees  , maybe it will be added some day 

Edited by XMAN
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, John F said:

Excellent series. So glad you headed up the Hudson for additional exploring.

John

Cheers John. I had a few trips up that way and I really enjoyed all of them. And a trip up or down the Hudson is always good in the sim, lots of nice places to see.

19 hours ago, XMAN said:

Looks real except for the trees , for New York  at this time of year they all should be bare trees  , maybe it will be added some day 

Hi Xman, I do have the multi-season pack but didn't bother to set it up for this flight. I might go back and try that next time.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Most interesting and lots to see in your screenies. Thanks Andy for taking us along!

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Excellent screen-shots but next time can you eliminate or remove the developer's bar, please...

Darryl

14 hours ago, SP2472 said:

Excellent screen-shots but next time can you eliminate or remove the developer's bar, please...

Darryl

Hi Darryl, and thanks, but I keep that on as I do occasionally use it. It's pretty small visually and I've gotten used to it now.

some very nice shots.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home