Sign in to follow this  
alihor

FSL A320 Macro not working on multi monitor

Hi Scot, my environment is a multi monitor with 5 monitors.

My system is: WIN7PRO (no need for WIN10 update) , P3D V4.5.14, FSLabs A320 V5, FSUPC V6, LINDA V3.2.6.

I installed your Macro Files V 1.5

When I run my bus with P3D and assign e.g. a button function, I get the message:

"Macro: mouse action Failed: Rect X2440300a, Action 13 (LeftRelease)"

Now I found, that the mouse area of my Overhead Panel, which resides on a different monitor as "undocked window", is wrong and does not match.

I found this by creating testwise a mouse macro.on a switch on the OVH panel.

What can I do to use your fantastic Macro Files ??  Or should  I go back to the Rotor_Brake method?

Thanks

Alhard

regards, 

Alhard,   FS-Pilot since 1980,

WIN7, FS9-FSX-P3Dv45, 3 PCs, 6 Monitors, IVAO, Helicopter, Airbus, VFR

Due to limitations with the FS Labs A3xx implementation mouse macros were the only way to operate many of the ‘flat’ buttons like those on the overhead panel. These macros only work on one screen and not multiple screen setups like yours.

The only option is for you to remap the mouse contract points yourself. You will need to use FSUIPC to determine what the new mapping is for each button and amend the .mcro file accordingly. This is a slow and labour intensive process and not something I can do for you. It would need to be repeated if you change your display configuration. The ROTOR BRAKE method does not extend to these buttons.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

. The ROTOR BRAKE method does not extend to these buttons.

Thanks Scot for your quick response.

I do not understand your last statement about Rotor_.Brake, what do you mean?

regards, 

Thank you for pointing out the FSLabs forum link. I was unaware of it. It may offer further control codes for use with the ROTOR BRAKE.

Feel free to look at the problem yourself for your unique multi-screen setup. As the current module works with the FSLabs A3XX aircraft for the vast majority of users, I don't intend to spend time investigating any changes.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scot,

I do understand you, not to spend more time. But I do not understand that Multi Monitor is unique ?

All of my "Pilot" friends have at least 2 monitors ! My Cockpit Builder friends have more than 3 Monitors !

Three of them run the FSLabs A320 and they would like to assign their hardware in an easy way.

So I can no more recommend using LINDA with the Macro. I have to train them with "Rotor_Brake" method. Sorry.

regards

Alhard

regards, 

Hi Scot, here I am again.

As I am/was a software developer here is my question:

Can I change the mousearea rectangles in your "FSLA3XX_MAIN.MCRO" by changing the data with a relativ offset to my undocked window of the e.g.: OVH panel?

Are the RX values independent of the OVH window size ? How did you find the values? Is there a description of this method?

Or is it in the FSUIPC manual "creating mouse macros" ?

thanks

regards, 

Hi again. I too use multiple screens but only one for P3D/FSLabs. I am unsure how the mouse rectangles differ from screen to screen.

It took me some time to get my head around the mouse macros process. I believe there is a brief description in the FSUIPC documents. I used FSUIPC to identify the respective button rectangles. These were input into the .mcro file with the RX prefix. If you look at each of the FSUIPC tabs you will find the Mouse Macro bottom at the bottom left. You will need to give each a new name so that you retain the existing ones.

With the new .mcro file you will need to create new functions using the existing ones as a template. It is important that you including the correct reference to macros. I recommend you place these functions into the FSLabs module user.LUA file.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

FWIW, at least one of the mouse macro offsets has changed since the last version of the LINDA FSL download. I had to rerun the mouse capture process in FSUIPC to get an up-to-date reference.

Petraeus

Hi Andrew, First please apologize my wrong addressing. I thought  your first name is Scot. sorry. 

I have long experience with FSUIPC and mouse macros.  Therefore I found that the offsets are different.

In January last year I used your FSLA32XX macros file also on 4 Monitors and it worked correctly!!

But now, something changed??? Is that correct what Perseus wrote before?

regards, 

It's 'Petraeus', medieval Latin for 'Peter', and not 'Perseus', the Prince of Argos, the Ancient Greek city, not the catalogue store. 🙂

And having got all that out of the way, it's a known problem with mouse macros that the references can change every time there's a new or updated version of the plane in question. This appears to have happened with the latest version of the FSLabs plane, and the mouse macros that were created with an earlier version are now superceded.

I found this out because my button that was supposed to press 'ALL' on the ECAM was moving some other switch. So I used the FSUIPC mouse macro facility to get the new reference, which I changed in the actions.lua, and it now works. 

Petraeus

Many thanks for the mutual support with this.

Can I ask users to report any changes to mouse macro rectangles and which FSLabs release they refer to? I will then use this information to update the module download.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew, here my findings:

(@ Petraeus: sorry, was a typing error)

My Bus Version is FSLabs A320X v2.0.2.450 for P3Dv4

My P3D Version is P3D v4.3.29.25520

The Rectangel in your Macro for APU Master is 11=APUMaster=RX24403806,3

My Mouse Macro shows for APU Master in the undocked Overhead   1=FSL_APU_Master=RX200a8,3

The Rectangel in your Macro for Eng1 Pump is HYDENGPUMP1=RX24401800,3

My Mouse Macro shows for Eng1 Pump in the undocked Overhead window   Eng1 Pump=RX20071,3

The Rectangel in your Macro for MasterWarn is MasterWarn=RX22002000

My Mouse Macro shows for MasterWarn  in the Main WIndow  Master Warn=RX20000,3

Additional question:

What is the difference in assigning a function by FSUIPC (see picture 1) or by LINDA (see picture 2) ?

Attached is the file config-hid.lua from February last year, when everything worked perfect.

Andrew, what can I do more?

btw: how can I decrease the line spacing ?

Thanks for all

!! I am sorry, I dont know how to upload in this forum my attachments !!  Please help.

Attachment

Password  "linda00"

Edited by alihor
typing error

regards, 

Hi, the Attachment in the post before is now working: klick on "attachment" , type password  "linda00", download the files or watch the picture.

regards, 

Hi Andrew, do you have new findings for the FSLabs A320 mouse macros ?

regards, 

@alihor I am not doing any LINDA work at this time.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK