Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

NGXu Wheel Chocks

I am configuring the new Honeycomb Bravo TQ for the NGXu in P3D v4.5HF3.  I am trying to configure 3 of the toggles for wheel chocks, GPU and external air.  The GPU and air are working.  It would seem this should be simple, but doesn't seem to be working for the wheel chocks. 

I have the toggle (one button) set to CAPT GND CON-> wheel chocks on and the button on the other press of the toggle set to CAPT GND CON-> wheel chocks off.  In either direction, the wheel chocks set/removed on the FMC flashes when the button is pressed, but the state doesn't change.  Either from off to on or on to off.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Eric Szczesniak

I have neither the 737NGXu or the Honeycomb Bravo but I will see what I can do to help.

Are you using a single push button or a 2-position switch for the Wheel Chocks?

The NGXu module provides 3 functions for the Wheel Chocks that simulate presses of the CDU LSK 1L button:

• NGX_CDU1_Wheel_Chocks_on ()
  • NGX_CDU1_Wheel_Chocks_off ()
  • NGX_CDU1_Wheel_Chocks_toggle ()

If you have a single push button use the _toggle function. For a switch use the _on and _off functions for the ON and OFF positions.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I'm trying to use a 2 position switch.  Specifically, I'm trying to use the left most toggle of the Honeycomb Bravo.  This reports as button 34 (always on) while the toggle is in the "up" position and button 35 (always on) in the "down position".

I have button 34, on press, assigned to NGX_CDU1_Wheel_Chocks_off () and button 35, on press, assigned to NGX_CDU1_Wheel_Chocks_on ().  Repeat and on release are blank/unassigned.  

My other LINDA assignments all work, and the "ground connections" page blinks when I try the chocks, so I think the command is being sent.  

If the command is a simulated press of LSK 1L, I think that's the problem.  On the NGXu at least (I can't remember if the NGX was different), LSK 1L of the ground connections page selects GPU vs jetway plug for ground power type.  The wheel chocks set/remove is LSK 6R.  I wasn't sure if there was a direct command for this in the SDK or if it was simulated presses.  

Would this be straightforward to change anywhere?

EDIT: I do not have the NGX installed anymore, only the NGXu.  There should be no trace of it on my system. I have just recently come off a reformat, no hard drives, reinstall run.  

Edited by ESzczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

You have correctly assigned the expected functions to the OnPress setting for the 2 switch positions. There should be no OnRepeat or OnRelease in this case.

You can check the functions are being called by turning on logging (Maintenance/ Fault Diagnosis Mode On) and opening the LINDA Console. Each time you operate the switch it will display several lines including the assigned function name. If the CDU button is incorrect (possibly copied from the NGX) then you can use the LINDA Editor to modifying the actions.LUA file for the NGXu. This can be opened by clicking on Edit beside the aircraft selector and edit Actions. The modified function can be quickly tested by right clicking on the function name.

Let me know how you get on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

6 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

You have correctly assigned the expected functions to the OnPress setting for the 2 switch positions. There should be no OnRepeat or OnRelease in this case.

You can check the functions are being called by turning on logging (Maintenance/ Fault Diagnosis Mode On) and opening the LINDA Console. Each time you operate the switch it will display several lines including the assigned function name. If the CDU button is incorrect (possibly copied from the NGX) then you can use the LINDA Editor to modifying the actions.LUA file for the NGXu. This can be opened by clicking on Edit beside the aircraft selector and edit Actions. The modified function can be quickly tested by right clicking on the function name.

Thank you! I will mess around with it some more.  I liked LINDA right away, but keep liking it even more as I learn more.  

Eric Szczesniak

On 1/11/2021 at 12:42 PM, ScotFlieger said:

The issue was the LSK 1L call, when the NGXu should be LSK 6R.  After changing that through the editor, everything works perfectly.

Once again, thank you!

Eric Szczesniak

7 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

The issue was the LSK 1L call, when the NGXu should be LSK 6R.  After changing that through the editor, everything works perfectly.

Once again, thank you!

Good news. Please check that this download actions.lua file works. I am unable to test as I do not have the NGXu.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK