I have the following specs:

FSX (Acceleration)

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

System Model: HP ProDesk 400 G1 MT

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4670S CPU@3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Page File: 3730 MB used, 4305MB available

Direct X Version: Direct X11

In light of my specs, I  am looking for the best complementary antiviral, registry cleaning, disk checking, disk defragmentation, driver updates, game booster software to go along with Windows Defender--software that will allow me run FSX and Active Sky Next for FSX without serious RAM issues. All of the current software I've come across (Norton, McAfee etc.) will pose excessive RAM usage issues for me. Thanks as always.

Edited by Blue Baron

Why not stay with what you've got?

BTW, can you upgrade your RAM to at least 8GB?

Bert

12 minutes ago, Blue Baron said:

All of the current software I've come across (Norton, McAfee etc.) will pose excessive RAM usage issues for me. Thanks as always.

I agree with Bert and will add you should consider Malware Bytes.  It adds a layer of security without hogging system resources.  It provides superior protection against malicious hacks and randsomware.  I have used this security "cocktail" for almost six years with perfect results and no adverse influences.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Why not stay with what you've got?

BTW, can you upgrade your RAM to at least 8GB?

Hi Bert Pieke, I had submitted an earlier inquiry on the forum about other software I am currently using -- IObit security software. I suspect the IObit stuff is creating the issues (they may be taking up additional resources as they are being constantly upgraded). Everything was going fine, until a few weeks ago. I wanted to find a complimentary app that may include the antiviral, registry cleaning, disk checking, disk defragmentation, driver updates and game booster options without the excessive usage of system resources. My computer system is kind of old and RAM upgrades may prove problematic, so I am hoping to hold on a while longer, until I can acquire a system to accommodate MSFS 2020.

Edited by Blue Baron

17 hours ago, fppilot said:

I agree with Bert and will add you should consider Malware Bytes.  It adds a layer of security without hogging system resources.  It provides superior protection against malicious hacks and randsomware.  I have used this security "cocktail" for almost six years with perfect results and no adverse influences.

Thank you fppilot, would the free version as good as the premium version for what I am trying to accomplish?

The free version of CCleaner is good for general housekeeping and only runs when manually started.  Not sure the other functions are actually required..

• Like 2

Bert