Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The Mods (WT, FlyByWire, etc.) Are Great, But.....

... let's not forget to give Asobo credit for the great visual models. If that weren't the case, flying the modded default planes would be half as fund. (Example: the cabins of the default TBM and the CJ4)

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

... let's not forget to give Asobo credit for the great visual models.

Does anybody? To me, it is rather the other way around: 99% of the positive feedback on MSFS is about the visuals. For example I still never got any reasonable answer on my question about what exactly MSFS does better than any already available flightsim BESIDES the stunning visuals...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

26 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Does anybody? To me, it is rather the other way around: 99% of the positive feedback on MSFS is about the visuals. For example I still never got any reasonable answer on my question about what exactly MSFS does better than any already available flightsim BESIDES the stunning visuals...

The visuals, the atmosphere, and the feeling of real world flight. In other words there's no other sim that gives me the feeling like I'm flying a real C172 than MSFS. It's the reason why both fully loaded versions of P3D & XPlane have been deleted from my SSD,

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

35 minutes ago, AnkH said:

D For example I still never got any reasonable answer on my question about what exactly MSFS does better than any already available flightsim

Default MSFS, IMHO, does everything better compared to default P3D. MSFS inspires you to brush up on your aviation knowledge and skills (for the first time in years I'm regretting not finishing up my flying lessons...I was in graduate school...life intervened...etc.). The only thing that default P3D inspires you to do is run for your credit card so you don't have to look at the default visuals anymore. 

Specifically, in this thread, however, I wanted to hightlight how good the default plane models look, even on my crappy hardware. 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Because EVERY flight produces and "Awakening" moment that give you a moment or glimpse of what it would be like IRL, for those of us that will never be able to attain or afford the real thing 

Those "aha" moments keep drawing me back like no other sim has every done before

regards 

• Like 8

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

I agree, the visuals are stunning, but it's the mods that make me go back to the sim. The CJ4 apart from the landing phase is just so great on the system depth, It's the plane I use on all the remote airport I am landing on. The A32NX with FBW mod is a joy to land.

• Like 1

The CJ4 together with the WT mod really drastically elevates this plane. 

Is everything perfect? No. I would love to see a fully functioning G3X or 5X, together with the Garmin Autoland system, modeled to perfection. I'd also like to wake up every morning next to a nubile and naked Brazilian super model. Tough chance that that's ever gonna happen, the perfect G3X, I mean.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am glad you mentioned this Ricardo, as I was going to do it myself.  All of the visual models of all of the default aircraft are superb. 

I was looking around Jan's natural metal finish repaint of the TBM, when I noticed how good the panel work was on the model.

If they bring out any future payware DLC as additional aircraft models (and they have hinted at this, not just gliders and helicopters), I expect it will be of a similar quality and value for money.

When you think we got all the models in the sim for just a few pounds/dollars/euros etc. each, you can see what good value they are.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

47 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The only thing that default P3D inspires you to do is run for your credit card so you don't have to look at the default visuals anymore. 

Lol absolutely agree with that. Plus it inspires you to spend 70% tweaking and 30% flying (that if it doesn't CTD on you)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

The clouds are stunning. When in a mountainous area the way the clouds pass by is just amazing and so realistic. No more jaggy cloud edges against mountains or billboard clouds spinning and moving out of the way. It makes the issue of clouds and visibility so much more realistic.

• Like 2

I'm going to also add something to this positive thread: Airport mods. Everyday something new and astonishing is released at Flightsim.to. This, for me, has become the best flightsim community. I was always fond of the XPlane freeware community, but the MSFS community has taken freeware to another level of excellence, if there's one. 😀

• Like 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Be careful with that question! I did ask the same some time ago and hell broke loose!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

In my opinion:

The weather is a lot better than other sim even with add ons. Yes it's sometime not accurate but the depiction of it is way superior to others sim. The way the weather evolve, how you can dodge the cloud, the rain in the distance that you can escape etc... So yes it is somehow part visual but not only.

The IA traffic system. Here again it is far from perfect but the concept to have traffic aligned with their real counterpart is better that what you can have in other sim. Hearing ATC using proper airlines name (speedbird, Ethiopian, Delta, you name it) is sweeter than other default IA system on other sims.

Update of Nav data, something we don't have by default on other sim

Smoother than other available sim due to a more modern engine, always nice to fly and not hunt for FPS

And yes plenty of think linked with the visual but that are a large part of the sim pleasure, default aircraft, default airport and more important ability to fly in any region of the word and expect proper scenery compare to other sim when you are basiccaly doomed to fly the north west coast of the US and that's it... 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Weather, immersion, to name just two

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

My logbook since mid November.  MSFS flights are in blue.  The others are in FSX SE.  The third column of numbers are the hours of segments in IFR flight conditions.  Says it all.  Avionics and true weather are the determinate.  Thank you RXP and AS16.....

image.png.997a8bb3187a5af51d8ce3a5763e1f4d.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere