Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.1 Objects through FOG/Clouds Workaround - By LM

thanks for your reply

Here's the section from the shader file with the amendment made:

#endif
    // 4.76837158e-7 is 2^-21.  In theory this offset should be 
    // depth buffer is 24 bits but this is added to (f+n)/(f-2) which is then multiplied by z
    // and devided by z.  As a result, there is precision lost and we must use a smaller number
    // The GDC presentation suggested 2^21 this value works fine for two coplanar meshes with same positions
    // It doesn't work for very long markings on a runway.  Adding 1mm y bias fixes the markings though.
    // NOTE: You should not pre-muliply world view proj.  iewspace position should be multiplied into this proj
    // matrix directly or percision will cause issues.

float zBiasOverride = -1;
    if (ZBias != -30) zBiasOverride = ZBias;
    vProj[2][2] += zBiasOverride * 4.76837158e-7;
    return vProj;
}

/**
* Monitor resolution gama correction.

float zBiasOverride = ZBias;

if (ZBias < 0) zBiasOverride = -1 + ZBias * 0.03333333;

vProj[2][2] += zBiasOverride * 4.76837158e-7;

This is the correct one. Look here: 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141012&start=15#p234523

I recommend to test without any other shader tools first to look if it works now. After that you can apply shader mods via envshade  for instance

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks for this, but it still bleeds through. No shaders applied.  It seems the autogen that bleeds through is the flytampa autogen, not the standard orbx/LM autogen. Wonder what could be done.

I am not getting this to work. Does the fix only work with EA enabled? I do not use EA.  Is there a solution for non-EA users?

22 minutes ago, LGKR said:

I am not getting this to work. Does the fix only work with EA enabled? I do not use EA.  Is there a solution for non-EA users?

I don't use non ea. Sorry. Can't tell you at the moment.  You have to try. Why you don't turn EA on for test purposes? It's easy to try. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Sorry for retrieving this old topic, but I am having a lot of objects of addon sceneries visible through clouds with v5.2 HF1 and I tried to apply the workaround, but it is not compatible with v5.2. Is there a way to have it working?

Thank you.

James Goggi

James I've followed your lead after us both posting on LM forums.

fDUOw9J.jpgI too am experiencing the same issue.  The old workaround no longer works.  If applied I get a completely black display and no aircraft previews.

I have scenery showing through clouds/fog at MK Studio and UK2000 airports

St0GMJM.jpg

Regards

Chris Ibbotson

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Good you posted this on LM Support forum prior.

I have not seen these issue on my end though. But I haven´t flown a lot nearly. So maybe I will see this later. 

Make sure you don´t use any Shader Enhancement Tools like TOGA Envshade or other Shader MoDs

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Please post this on LM Support forum.

Is this with VolumetricClouds OFF or ON?

I have not seen these issue on my end though. But I haven´t flown a lot nearly. So maybe I will see this later. 

Make sure you don´t use any Shader Enhancement Tools like TOGA Envshade or other Shader MoDs

Marcus

We have both posted it in the LM forums.  I rarely fly also and wanted to this week as I am off.  Not even had a flight in 5.2 let alone 5.2HF1 but have messed about and really noticed this issue the other evening.  I just tried turning Vol Fog off and it made no difference.  During tests to resolve I flushed the shaders using the Envshade button then deleted both the app shader and shaderhlsl folders, reinstalled Client as well as Content and Scenery and the problem still persists. Also does it with Active Sky weather or default weather set to foggy

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Marcus,

Envshade has nothing to do with the issue, it all depends on the properties of the object. I think all the objects that are visible through the clouds were made for previous versions of the sim and imported into 5.2. I could fix the issue on some objects by modifying some parameters with Model Converter X, but it's a long trial-and-error process, mainly because I know very little about these things...

James Goggi

2 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Marcus,

Envshade has nothing to do with the issue, it all depends on the properties of the object. I think all the objects that are visible through the clouds were made for previous versions of the sim and imported into 5.2. I could fix the issue on some objects by modifying some parameters with Model Converter X, but it's a long trial-and-error process, mainly because I know very little about these things...

I know this. And you are right. But LM has modified the shaders to work with old untouched models and the newer ones. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Further to this post there are still issues with objects showing through clouds in 5.3  The fix shared by LM in Jan worked for 5.1 but didnt in 5.2.

Implimenting the old fix in 5.2 prevented any shaders from showing.  The same happens in 5.3.

Just to be safe Ive taken the radical steps of wiping my entire system and installing Windows 11 Pro, base installation of 5.3 and started to add Orbx global stuff. Installed MK Studios EIDW, which was one known culprit.  Default shaders, default weather engine and cloud textures and the problem is still there.  Did tests when I first updated 5.3 the other evening and had the same problems also at UK2000 and Orbx airports.  LM fail to respond on their forums and given the issues have been reported for the past year it looks like many developers have not bothered to update their scenaries to work fully in 5.xx

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson