Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

FSDT KSDF Trees Throughout The Airport

Hi:

I purchased the FSDT KSDF Addon and for some reason, after I installed,  there are trees through out the airport. I mean everywhere, aprons, taxiways, runways, etc. I have removed all items from my Community folder except this addon, but still the same issue. When FSDT KSDF is uninstalled; all is fine, no trees. 

I have contacted the developer, but he has no additional suggestions. At least one other person has reported the same problem with this product.

Just wondered if anyone here had any thoughts.

Thanks,

Dave

As I already explained to you on our forum, the problem doesn't happen and, right now, there are only two users in total with this problem, clearly indicating the problem is NOT caused by the scenery, otherwise everyone would get it just the same. Also, I provided you with several suggestions to try, from removing all add-ons to reset the CONTENT.XML file.

And no, it's NOT something that happens TO this scenery only, see this post on FlyTampa forum about "Trees on the runway at Sydney":

http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14365

A similar issue here on Avsim, trees on runways at LVFR KSAN:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593315-trees-on-runway/?tab=comments#comment-4449453

The author said he used a Tree mod, which is why I asked you to check for your add-ons.

Last post on FlyTampa forum says they only see trees if using the sim in Offline mode. Are you using the sim in offline mode maybe ?

Edited by virtuali

Please clarify for me what you have asked me to do which I have not done and responded to you with the results? I have done everything you have asked, isolating you software as the only add-on in my system and that is the only way I can generate this issue.

And no, I am not flying in offline mode.

Thank you. 

Edited by lehbird

21 minutes ago, virtuali said:

As I already explained to you on our forum, the problem doesn't happen and, right now, there are only two users in total with this problem, clearly indicating the problem is NOT caused by the scenery, otherwise everyone would get it just the same. Also, I provided you with several suggestions to try, from removing all add-ons to reset the CONTENT.XML file.

And no, it's NOT something that happens TO this scenery only, see this post on FlyTampa forum about "Trees on the runway at Sydney":

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593315-trees-on-runway/?tab=comments#comment-4449453

The author said he used a Tree mod, which is why I asked you to check for your add-ons.

Last post on FlyTampa forum says they only see trees if using the sim in Offline mode. Are you using the sim in offline mode maybe ?

Please clarify for me what you have asked me to do which I have not done and responded to you with the results? I have done everything you have asked, isolating you software as the only add-on in my system and that is the only way I can generate this issue.

You cite this issue above regarding LVFR scenery. as I told you on the other forum, and I will say again, I have NO Tree MOD. At your direction, I have removed EVERYTHING, but the result is the same. 

And no, I am not flying offline mode.

Thank you. 

52 minutes ago, virtuali said:

No skin in this game but that registered on the customer relationship Richter Scale here.

• Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

52 minutes ago, fppilot said:

No skin in this game but that registered on the customer relationship Richter Scale here.

Without question, this gentlemen has been very responsive. But I have asked everything he has asked of me, including removing all software but his and I feel like I am be being treated like this is my fault. If I was the only one with an issue, I would certainly be the first to point the finger at myself, but it appears there are others. 

3 hours ago, lehbird said:

Without question, this gentlemen has been very responsive. But I have asked everything he has asked of me, including removing all software but his and I feel like I am be being treated like this is my fault. If I was the only one with an issue, I would certainly be the first to point the finger at myself, but it appears there are others. 

Sorry but, I think there's a big misunderstanding here. Nobody ever said "it's your fault" and nobody said you haven't followed all the suggestions you have been given, but that doesn't automatically mean it's the scenery's fault either.

The facts are:

- At least two other sceneries from very well known developers have the same problem. I'm sure you understand none of them has placed trees on the airport intentionally! Just like FlyTampa replied, we ALSO have a polygon that covers the entire airport perimeter that *explicitly* removes everything from the default scenery, and that includes of course trees.

- This post on MS Flight Simulator support forum report the problem happening for no obvious reason even on DEFAULT AIRPORTS, it was KDFW in this case:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/trees-randomly-generating-at-some-airports-where-they-dont-belong/322575

- there are only 3 reported cases in total which it's enough to warrant at least some investigation ( which we obviously already made, and found nothing wrong with the scenery ), but they still not enough to suggest it's an inherent scenery bug because, comparing to the similar issues with FlyTampa and LatinVFR, we can see the problem was fixed in FlyTampa's case by removing the default Asobo YSSY ( but there's no specific KSDF airport to remove in our case ) and the problem could be also replicated if flying with online data on. In case of LatinVFR, it has been suggest it *might* be caused by a Tree add-on, even if it's not clearly confirmed it was.

You must understand that, some things in the sim are not entirely documented, and there are still bugs in it. It is possible that your configuration has something unusual and, combined with something related to KSDF, cause this problem to appear on your system and as of today, exactly two other systems too, but to even start troubleshooting it, we should understand what it is, since right now I'm unable to replicate it and, being able to replicate it is the first step in a possible fix or, at least, a report to Asobo of when this happens and what triggers it.

That's why I asked if removing the CONTENT.XML file as I suggested fixed it, or I asked if there was something wrong with your Windows user account ( from the screenshot you posted, it certainly looked like it ), not to imply "it's your fault", but TO FIND what it is which I cannot replicate here.

Edited by virtuali

New info here:

I'm able to replicate the problem and, as in FlyTampa YSSY case, it only happens when BOTH these settings are unchecked in the Data settings:

"Bing Data World graphic" = OFF

"Photogrammetry = OFF

Unless both options are OFF, I cannot replicate the problem. This might suggest something is wrong related to the online data, most likely a simulator bug which for some reason happens only in some areas. KSDF lies in a Photogrammetry area, which we obviously excluded so, maybe, the exclusion doesn't work if there's nothing to exclude because photogrammetry is disabled in the settings.

- If you have the Rolling cache enabled, try the Delete button. If that doesn't fix it, exist the sim, go in the %LOCALAPPDATA\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache and if you have a Rolling cache file there ( even if you disable the option in the sim, the file might be from a previous version of the sim ), remove it and restart the sim again.

- If that doesn't fix it, try to set both the above options to OFF, Apply the settings, then put them both back ON again and Apply again.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, virtuali said:

New info here:

I'm able to replicate the problem and, as in FlyTampa YSSY case, it only happens when BOTH these settings are unchecked in the Data settings:

"Bing Data World graphic" = OFF

"Photogrammetry = OFF

Unless both options are OFF, I cannot replicate the problem. This might suggest something is wrong related to the online data, most likely a simulator bug which for some reason happens only in some areas. KSDF lies in a Photogrammetry area, which we obviously excluded so, maybe, the exclusion doesn't work if there's nothing to exclude because photogrammetry is disabled in the settings.

- If you have the Rolling cache enabled, try the Delete button. If that doesn't fix it, exist the sim, go in the %LOCALAPPDATA\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache and if you have a Rolling cache file there ( even if you disable the option in the sim, the file might be from a previous version of the sim ), remove it and restart the sim again.

- If that doesn't fix it, try to set both the above options to OFF, Apply the settings, then put them both back ON again and Apply again.

SOLVED- My "Bing Data World graphic" was set to OFF. I set to ON and all is now fine. I don't what it is set to by default, I don't recall ever adjusting previously and can't even find reference to it here in the forums. Either way, That you very much for your persistence, I do appreciate it. 

• Like 3

For the record, I have been having the same problems with the FSDT scenery for KORD and KCLT, plus the LVFR scenery for TJSJ. Thanks for all of these posts. I will follow through and see if I can fix it, too.

Cheers,

Scott

It worked for me, too. Bing Data World graphic was set to off. It's all good now. Great to have those sceneries back. 

Thanks again,

Scott

On 1/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, fppilot said:

Yeah, this certainly registered as well.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---