Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

Which AI Traffic package for FSX???

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Hey gang...I have a couple Visa Gift Cards sitting here (rebates actually) and I was starting to look at add-ons for FSX. Just ordered:Flight Deck 4XClass USA + EuropeWilco's 777 FSXNow I'm looking at AI Traffic packages... It looks like the 2 biggies out there are:Just Flight Traffic 2005 (FSX patched)Aerosoft MyTraffic X for FSX (due out on Dec 12)Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these packages (or their older versions) and what I should expect from either of them? Trying to decide which to get.Also, has anyone picked up Zinertek - World Environment 2007??? If so, how is it? And what sort of framerate kill does it incur?Help me decide!!!!Thanks!--2002cbr600f4i

Guest Len

MyTraffic X. It's huge and installs easily. As well, purchasing it will give you the latest version for FS9. By the way, it is on SimMarket so you don't have to wait for Dec. 12. I'm still city flying in FS9 so great to have that. I've been using MyTraffic since FS2002 and have always liked its huge coverage and great variety of military and GA aircraft. Flight plans are relatively loosely based on world traffic.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Thanks.. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on MyTraffic. About to burn everything purchased to a DVDR and then go install them all.Can't wait!Any ideas when Radar Contact and Active Sky (FULLY functioning, 6.5 isn't) will come out for FSX?--2002cbr600f4i

Guest Len

I have ActiveSky 4.5 and never got the upgrade basically because I have Flight Environment with all the sky, water, cloud textures for FS9. Because of the low overhead for speed on FSX I'm reluctant to eat up more memory and speed bandwidth with addons. I'm making only two exceptions. MyTraffic and FSNavigator. Both were necessities for me throughout FS2002-04 and now FSX.P4 3.6 GHZ 800MHz fsb HT, 2 gig ddrII 533, ATI X800XT 256 mb PCIe card

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Ok, question about MyTraffic....So I loaded it and my Wilco 777 package up. Then I set the AI traffic sliders to 50% and went to set up a 777 flight out of KATL. I told it to start me up at gate C4 (a heavy gate). When everything loaded up, I was placed way the heck over in GA parking on the far sides of the runways! When I later tried gate E-something (can't remmeber which one) it worked fine and put me there.Would I be correct in assuming that if I pick a gate that MyTraffic thinks is already occupied, that I'll get bumped to general parking???Otherwise, GOD, I LOVE this! SOOOO nice to actually hear radio traffic and see planes that actually match what SHOULD be at KATL- Delta, AirTran, some FedEx, US(Sc)air (god I hope they don't buy Delta!), etc.Just #### around with the Wilco 777 (manuals?!??! We don't need no stinking manuals! Oh wait, what does this "No TCAS" warning mean? Why's that "altitude alarm" going off? Why is it complaining to me "Don't Think!" as I'm taxiiing?!??!) Did a nice take off from KATL, did some VFR north, decided it was getting late, so I vectored to the closest airport I could see on the GPS (Tri County Regional in Eastern TN) and requested landing clearance. Got clearance, lined up... "####, that runway looks awefully small! Gonna have to be perfect..." Just then I hear a Cesna request landing clearance and get stacked up behind me. Hate to be him flying through my wash! I touched down and slammed on the brakes... Come on you big B*TCH! STOOOOPPPPP!!!! I finally get her to come to a stop with about 20 yards to spare! Whew... I look over at the terminal and see a Airborne Express jet parked at the gate, and then see the Cesna come in for a landing. Very cool.Also played around with the FlightDeck 4 stuff. It has a few bugs that I'll need to send in reports on... The artificial horizon gauge "tears" constantly. There's a couple other texture issues... and my god the cockpit around the gauges in the Superhornet looks HORRIBLE. Also, it doesn't actually wait to see if you've caught a wire before ATC decides to tell you to contact ground. Grrr. So, if you bolter, it still thinks you've landed. The UH-60 has a sound bug when you switch to the outside view - it plays the engine start up sound. The UH-60 will also just suddenly yaw uncontrollably for several seconds... I couldn't figure out if I was just over torquing it or what. Also, the control panels are almost impossible to see in the UH-60's VC because it's too low and to the left. Without a trackIR, forget it! Haven't tried the others yet.--2002cbr600f4i

Guest Len

Oh yeah I have Flight Deck 4 and the FSX patch. I haven't taken it out for a spin though.Check the MyTraffic website, there is excellent support for this product . Having said that you choosing that gate should put you on it. Don't know what happened there.