Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

I am getting greeting from two different ground coordinator

Hi,

Since I installed the newest version 2.8.9.4 I am receiving two greeting messages from ground coordinator. First I get Lee the I get Simon. Is this normal?

Pierre  

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

On 1/12/2021 at 2:40 AM, PierreFSX said:

Hi,

Since I installed the newest version 2.8.9.4 I am receiving two greeting messages from ground coordinator. First I get Lee the I get Simon. Is this normal?

Pierre  

MCE tries to inject some variaety.

There is a default ground agent for Canadian airports (Lee), but if you land at another Cabadian airport, seeing that Lee was at your previous departure, it will use default Simon. If you land in the US, you'll get one of the 3 agents assigned to USA.

So when I start a new flight (CYUL to LFPG) it is normal that when loading the flight in P3D 5.1 I am first greet by Lee and then by Simon. I get both at the departure airport.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

1 hour ago, PierreFSX said:

So when I start a new flight (CYUL to LFPG) it is normal that when loading the flight in P3D 5.1 I am first greet by Lee and then by Simon. I get both at the departure airport.

Pierre

No, that wouldn't be normal. Will have it checked.

Ok I just rebuild my pc and re-intalled P3D- MCE- PF3 and I am getting the same thing. One greeting fromLee and a second one from Simon. I am park at CYUL Montreal. I did a test at  KMEM and everything is ok, I was greet by Brian

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

On 1/15/2021 at 9:21 PM, PierreFSX said:

Ok I just rebuild my pc and re-intalled P3D- MCE- PF3 and I am getting the same thing. One greeting fromLee and a second one from Simon. I am park at CYUL Montreal. I did a test at  KMEM and everything is ok, I was greet by Brian

Pierre

Please use latest patch

Sorry for the delay,

I loaded the patch as per instruction, but I am still getting two greeting Lee then Simon. I have tried with PMDG 747-8i and Airbus 330 at gate 63 (CYUL)

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

On 2/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, PierreFSX said:

Sorry for the delay,

I loaded the patch as per instruction, but I am still getting two greeting Lee then Simon. I have tried with PMDG 747-8i and Airbus 330 at gate 63 (CYUL)

Pierre

Which "mce.exe" version are you running? Thanks

When it is loading in P3D it's show 2.8.97

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Hi Gerald,

Not sure why, but the problem was that when I was calling for the crew in P3D, MCE was loading more then once. I could see at the top left in red, that it was cycling between " Looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait" to "ready to go" then I received the first greeting. Then MCE will cycle back to " Looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait" then to "ready to go" where I would received the second greeting. with a different name. 

I have decided to uninstall and delete all MCE folders that remained and do a clean re-install. It seem to have solved the issue I had, I am running 2.8.9.7

Thanks

Pierre 

• Like 1

Pierre Nantel

Hi my problem is back, 

Not sure why, but when I call the crew using the addons menu in P3D 5.1. MCE load and I can see at the top left in red, that it is cycling between " Looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait" to "ready to go" then I received the first greeting. Then MCE goes back to " Looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait" then too "ready to go" where I would received the second greeting, with a different coordinator name. 

I did some test and it is not related to:

-a specific aircraft, I have the problem with the Airbus Aerosoft 330 and 319 and the PMDG 747-8

- It is not related to one specific airport, I get it at different airport in the world

- I have installed and un-installed many time, same result

- I am using PF3 but it does it without using it.

I am running version 2.9.0

Is there a log that I can use to see why MCE is loading more then once in P3D?

Thanks

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

2 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi my problem is back, 

Not sure why, but when I call the crew using the addons menu in P3D 5.1. MCE load and I can see at the top left in red, that it is cycling between " Looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait" to "ready to go" then I received the first greeting. Then MCE goes back to " Looking for changes to current aircraft...please wait" then too "ready to go" where I would received the second greeting, with a different coordinator name. 

I did some test and it is not related to:

-a specific aircraft, I have the problem with the Airbus Aerosoft 330 and 319 and the PMDG 747-8

- It is not related to one specific airport, I get it at different airport in the world

- I have installed and un-installed many time, same result

- I am using PF3 but it does it without using it.

I am running version 2.9.0

Is there a log that I can use to see why MCE is loading more then once in P3D?

Thanks

Pierre

It's not loading more than once.

Typically when MCE receives notification that somehow P3D went into dialog mode (from fsInsider64.dll), then when it reverts to flight mode, it checks to make sure plane didn't change (need to switch co-pilot) or relocated.

The question is, what other window you may be opening that causes MCE to think you opened a P3D dialog box.

Hi Gerald,

Could it be that some times UTLive 2 issues a window showing the traffic density will MCE is loading?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

3 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi Gerald,

Could it be that some times UTLive 2 issues a window showing the traffic density will MCE is loading?

Pierre

I think it could be it.

Try waiting until UT Live doesn't make any notifications before starting MCE and hopefully would confirm it.