Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Reality XP has updated the GTN

Now supporting the latest Garmin Trainer and 2020 navdata..

Shift + Right click on the popup gauge and check for updates!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Bert

Great news! Thanks Bert

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

What’s the date/AIRAC on the 2020 Nav Data?

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Now supporting the latest Garmin Trainer and 2020 navdata..

Shift + Right click on the popup gauge and check for updates!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

What’s the date/AIRAC on the 2020 Nav Data?

April, I believe

Bert

16 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

April, I believe

Yep, 23 April 2020.  Also, BTW, FSUIPC6 has been updated to ver 6.0.12.

Al

• Like 1

Hi Bert,

On the basis of your report, I purchased the RXP GTN 750 from Reality XP's website.  I installed it on my Flysimware LR35.  It was working with the Garmin trainer 2.7.1, but after I upgraded it to ver. 3.0.0.0, the RXP GTN 750 stopped working.  All I get is two bank screens on the two GTN 750s.  The click spots all work, etc. 

I did a "Check Update...." Ctrl + right mouse click, and it says I have the most current RXP version 2.5.28.0. 

First, did I something with the install or the update?  Anything I need to do to get run with the GTN version 3.0.0.0?

No worries as I have a copy of the Garmin 2.7.1 trainer. I can simply uninstall and reinstall the old one.  I would like to get the new one working. 

Thanks,

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

1 hour ago, richjb2 said:

First, did I something with the install or the update?  Anything I need to do to get run with the GTN version 3.0.0.0?

Probably time to take this to the RXP support forum (on Avsim)..

I checked for updates as mentioned above and installed the new version, was prompted to install the new trainer, and everything worked cleanly.

What do you see in the rxp log file (in Documents)?

I see:

21/01/12 17:52:25.472 06560 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/01/12 17:52:25.471 06560 INFO ]
21/01/12 17:52:45.795 09016 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624
21/01/12 17:52:45.804 09016 WARN ] GTN 750.1 process is running as-admin

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 hours ago, richjb2 said:

I installed it on my Flysimware LR35.  It was working with the Garmin trainer 2.7.1, but after I upgraded it to ver. 3.0.0.0, the RXP GTN 750 stopped working.  All I get is two bank screens on the two GTN 750s.  The click spots all work, etc. 

Rich,

If you haven't done so,  try running the FSW GPS Management Tool for the Lear35 from the Win10 Start menu.

Al

Edited by ark

10 hours ago, ark said:

Rich,

If you haven't done so,  try running the FSW GPS Management Tool for the Lear35 from the Win10 Start menu.

Al

Hi Al,

I ran the FSW Lear35 Management Tool to activate the RXP device and it was running correctly with the prior version. It only stopped working when I upgraded the Garmin trainer to version 3.0.0.0

Thanks!

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Probably time to take this to the RXP support forum (on Avsim)..

I checked for updates as mentioned above and installed the new version, was prompted to install the new trainer, and everything worked cleanly.

What do you see in the rxp log file (in Documents)?

I see:

21/01/12 17:52:25.472 06560 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/01/12 17:52:25.471 06560 INFO ]
21/01/12 17:52:45.795 09016 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624
21/01/12 17:52:45.804 09016 WARN ] GTN 750.1 process is running as-admin

Hi Bert, 

Are you talking about the rxpGtnSim.dll file?  If so, this is what is shows:

21/01/13 15:44:11.945 31144 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/01/13 15:44:11.944 31144 INFO ] 
21/01/13 15:44:15.084 31144 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported

Sounds like the RXP is actually not finding the trainer? 

Any thoughts?

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

3 hours ago, richjb2 said:

Sounds like the RXP is actually not finding the trainer? 

Any thoughts?

Did you install the Trainer in its default location?

Bert

4 hours ago, richjb2 said:

Hi Al,

I ran the FSW Lear35 Management Tool to activate the RXP device and it was running correctly with the prior version. It only stopped working when I upgraded the Garmin trainer to version 3.0.0.0

Thanks!

Rich 

Rich,

If it's any help, I see by looking at dates that I have Garmin folders that were updated when I updated the RXP a few days ago at C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin and at C:\ProgramData\Garmin.  Also, when the RXP installer ran, it started up the install for the new Garmin Trainer, and then finished the RXP install. Did you see anything saying it was going to install the new Garmin trainer?

Also, under my Win10 Start menu I have an entry "Garmin Aviation Trainers", and if I open that I get a Garmin Window that opens with a menu on the left. If I select Version Manager it shows I have ver 3.0 of the Garmin Launcher installed.

Al

Edited by ark

Also, you might try running the trainer, switch databases back and forth, then try in the sim again.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Did you install the Trainer in its default location?

Hi Bert, 

Here's the location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

3 hours ago, ark said:

Rich,

If it's any help, I see by looking at dates that I have Garmin folders that were updated when I updated the RXP a few days ago at C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin and at C:\ProgramData\Garmin.  Also, when the RXP installer ran, it started up the install for the new Garmin Trainer, and then finished the RXP install. Did you see anything saying it was going to install the new Garmin trainer?

Also, under my Win10 Start menu I have an entry "Garmin Aviation Trainers", and if I open that I get a Garmin Window that opens with a menu on the left. If I select Version Manager it shows I have ver 3.0 of the Garmin Launcher installed.

Al

Hi Al,

I had the F1 GTN add on, which they say will not be compatible with the new trainer for some time.  I need to have the Garmin trainer updated for the real world work that I do, which is one reason why I moved to the RXP version after Bert's post.   With initial RXP install, I did not allow it download the Garmin trainer since I already had ver 2.7.1 installed.  After I verified that the RXP GTN was working, i.e., "one problem at a time", I then went back and using the Garmin trainer, updated the trainer. I sounds like I broke something in that process.

When you run the Garmin trainer and click on the "About" tab, does it say "v3.0.0.0" in the upper right hand corner? 

The new Garmin Trainer ver 3.0.0.0 works just fine.  I was using it today. 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS