Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Reality XP has updated the GTN

Reading the "Readme File" it looks like the RXP should be using trainer version 3.0.0.0:

Reality XP GTN 750/650 for Prepar3d / FltSim

Please ensure Prepar3d or Flight Simulator is not running during the installation. Setup guides you through all the steps necessary to install the product and its components.

The first time the product installs, setup downloads the Garmin GTN Trainer software installer from the Reality XP servers for your convenience, and save a copy on your hard drive. Should you need to reinstall the product and/or the Garmin Trainer, setup will offer the choice to use the saved Garmin Trainer installer directly from your hard drive or to download a new copy.

Latest compatible trainer installer(s) can be found here:

GTN only: http://download.garmin.com/avtrainer/gtn/6.62.4.0/GTN.Setup.msi
Database: http://download.garmin.com/software/GarminTrainerSetup_3000.exe

Should the latest installer is unavailable, you can use another compatible version:

http://download.garmin.com/software/GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211.zip

What I might do is reinstall and let it download the latest trainer, which should be 3.0.0.0 

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Ok, problem fixed!  Yeah!!! 

All I did was re-run the F1 RXP GTN installer.  It looks like there is some configuration going on between RXP and the Garmin Trainer that hosed up when I updated the trainer outside of using the RXP update feature.  Note to self, update through the RXP menu and not through the Garmin Trainer menu!

Thanks everyone for their help!

Al, I haven't forgotten our work on the Lear 35 ASEL.  I have just been busy the last few weeks and will be busy in the two weeks.  Furlough again on February 1st.  Too cold to paint the house (my excuse and I'm sticking to it) so we can work on it again then.

Thanks everyone!

Rich 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

56 minutes ago, richjb2 said:

When you run the Garmin trainer and click on the "About" tab, does it say "v3.0.0.0" in the upper right hand corner?

Yes Rich, it says "v3.0.0.0".

Al

Edit:  Ah, I see now you have it all working -- great!

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, richjb2 said:

Hi Bert, 

Here's the location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher

What about Trainers\Packages\GTN ?

Bert

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

What about Trainers\Packages\GTN ?

same place:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN

Thanks Bert!

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Yeah - I tried to update the Garmin Trainer to 3.0.0.0 and it broke the path of the Garmin Trainer for F1 GTN.   I'll wait for the update.  I wager Garmin focused on the newer GPS units versus my, now antiquated, GTN 650. Ha.  

Benjamin

EDIT - Well, word not allowed.  The trainer that you download from the F1 GTN tool forces and update to the trainer (v3.0.0.0).   Hopefully Flight1 wont take too long to update their mapping to the trainer.   I am without a GPS until then. 

Edited by Bman2006

Benjamin Van Eps