Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Using Saitek throttle quadrant to control speedbrakes

I'm using the Saitek throttle quadrant to control speedbrakes (left lever) left engine (centre lever) and right engine (left lever).

I've 'reversed' the speedrake axis so that when the left lever is in the 100% position, the speedbrakes are retracted and fully extended at 0%. The sim also recognises that if I move the lever to 75% it arms the speedbrakes for landing.

However when landing, the speedbrakes remain armed and do not deploy. I assume because the lever is in the 75% position (and doesn't have a servo to automatically move it to the extend position). Is there any way to still get the sim to automatically deploy the speedbrakes on landing when I move the lever to the armed (75%) position?

Thanks 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

On PMDG birds I use simple config and it works fine

On most other add-ons I set the like about 97~85% position as Arm in FSUIPC axis range to button function, and 100%~97% as speed brake down, something like this:

[Axes.xxx]
3=1X,256,D,22,0,0,0	-{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
4=1X,B,15487,16383,66065,0	-{ DIRECT: SpoilersEntering=SPOILERS_OFF }-
5=1X,B,10623,15487,66066,0	-{ Entering=SPOILERS_ARM_ON }-

[JoystickCalibration.xxx]
Spoilers=-9471,16380/24

I do it a little different.  I just have the lever for the full spoiler access.  Then I use the "reverse thrust" detent with the saitek and have it assigned to the arm spoiler command.  seems to work nice for me

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

I do it a little different.  I just have the lever for the full spoiler access.  Then I use the "reverse thrust" detent with the saitek and have it assigned to the arm spoiler command.  seems to work nice for me

Does that mean to deploy the spoilers you use 100% (and 0% for retracted). I reversed the axis to reflect the position of the lever in the actual flight deck.

64.0 GB RAM

I reversed them too for the same reason you did.  Then I assigned the lever to spoiler axis.  So all the way forward and they are deployed.  Pulled back they are retracted.  Pulled back to the detent they are armed and will deploy when wheels touch runway

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

24 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I reversed them too for the same reason you did.  Then I assigned the lever to spoiler axis.  So all the way forward and they are deployed.  Pulled back they are retracted.  Pulled back to the detent they are armed and will deploy when wheels touch runway

Surely when you pull them back to put into the detent, they deploy as you're going through 100% to get to arm?

64.0 GB RAM

12 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Surely when you pull them back to put into the detent, they deploy as you're going through 100% to get to arm?

I described it wrong after looking.  My flaps are the ones set to reverse.  The spoiler is not reverse.  In terms of control mapping.  

Just now, micstatic said:

I described it wrong after looking.  My flaps are the ones set to reverse.  The spoiler is not reverse.  In terms of control mapping.  

Do you use the throttle levers for spoiler arm?

64.0 GB RAM

yes everything I said earlier was correct.  Only difference is in spoiler axis mapping in p3d the axis is NOT set to reverse.  So one lever set as spoiler axis.  When I put the lever up or at 100% the spoiler is extended.  When I pull to zero it's retracted.  When I pull further to the detent it is armed because I've assigned that detent to shift+/.  The detent is actually a button inside the saitek throttle.  So you just assign it as a key press.  Very similar to the way I have reverse thrust working for it also.