Sign in to follow this  
Victor Ortiz

Barometer issue

Twice now, as I've finally got decent voice communication going throughout the flight, I've noticed as I get Takeoff clearance that, even though the sim barometer (on the plane) and the display in the upper right corner of Pilot2ATC are showing the same pressure, all the ATC readbacks are 2992.  It's a small issue as Pilot2ATC does not care about the difference in pressure I'm using, but I thought I'd let the makers know.  

BTW, I am really enjoying Pilot2ATC on my beginner level and intend to learn more.  Thanks for making this software possible.

Victor Ortiz

Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

The displayed altimeter in P2A and the cockpit are the settings you have set.  The setting given by the controller is the current setting that should be set into the cockpit and P2A.  

Dave

So, it's not monitoring the weather source, ie, the sim, but what I put into it on the console and by hand into Pilot2ATC on an on-going basis through the flight?

Victor Ortiz

Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Yes the program gets the current setting that it displays in the weather report or that you get from ATC from the weather source.  It's then up to the pilot to set it in the Altimeter in both P2A and the aircraft.

See, I have been doing that, setting it on the plane, typing it in on Pilot2ATC, and still, I get, "2992".  As I said, the pressure difference is not an issue as Pilot2ATC does not call me on in.  

I also just noticed that traffic proximity reports were opposite the direction from my plane (first at 9 o'clock reported at 3; second at 3, reported at 9).  A third call was on the money.  

Cheers!

Victor Ortiz