Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

DM Tridents in FSX?

Guest pomak249

Guys,Anyone got Dave Maltbys Tridents working in FSX?I've installed them into the file structure of SimObjects/Airplanes, all the folders look correct, i've made 256x128 thumbnails for each version and added the texture config file to each. The textures are bitmaps as opposed to .dds files but my F1 ATR72 uses bitmaps also and works fine (gauges dont work though - boo hoo) so I dont think thats the issue!They just refuse to show up in FSX in the free flight selection screen ?Any ideas ?POMAK

Guest pomak249

Nearly there Tom?I had forgotten to load the panels as DMFS Shared Files so the panel .cfg's didnt alias properly.They now all appear in FSX and look great in external view but I cannot get ALL the VC textures to load? The Panels are there and I can pan around but the side views are ALL grey with no detail, along with the yoke and several other objects including the seats - any ideas?Mick

The VC's seem to be implemented slightly differently in FSX. I am still gradually investigating the differences. I am sure others (like aircraft and panel designers) are more knowledgeable about this than I am.I imported the POSKY 757-200 into FSX. Everything worked great, except that not all of the gauges worked (of course) and the VC looked a little strange. I think you are having a similar VC issue...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Nearly there Tom?>>I had forgotten to load the panels as DMFS Shared Files so the>panel .cfg's didnt alias properly.>>They now all appear in FSX and look great in external view but>I cannot get ALL the VC textures to load? >>The Panels are there and I can pan around but the side views>are ALL grey with no detail, along with the yoke and several>other objects including the seats - any ideas?>>Mick In FSX you need to put the VC textures into each of the aircrafts texture folders. Seems a real shame that the textures can't load from a common folder :( If someone imported all of the HS.748 modelspaints the total file size would become enormous due to this oversight in FSX. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest pomak249

Thanks Paul,Finally got registered at the Classic British Flying Sim and posted this question there! Sure enough they gave me your advice but theres still a couple of textures missing?Havent a clue which file they are but i've moved all the ones I can find across to each folder !!

>Thanks Paul,>>Finally got registered at the Classic British Flying Sim and>posted this question there! Sure enough they gave me your>advice but theres still a couple of textures missing?>>>>Havent a clue which file they are but i've moved all the ones>I can find across to each folder !!>>> Yes, I'm missing textures for those areas also. I think that what is happening is that those areas are textured in the model with a color specification and not with an applied texture as is the rest of the VC. It seems that FSX doesn't render those types of "textures". I searched the model file with a hex editor and the only texture file that was called out there that I did not have was "VC_S_L.BMP". I made a copy of VS_S.BMP and renamed it but it had no effect at all in the VC rendering. Also, looking at the rudder trim gauge XML, it only calls out a BMP that is the "transparent" black square in the gauge cab. I replaced the Rudder_Trim.xml gauge with one from another aircraft along with the BMP's and although it shows up and works, the majority of the BMP's ( rotating knob positions ) are just covered by the stationary untextured rudder trim knob that was present before, which means that the model code is drawing it. What's interesting is that in your screenshot the "missing" textures appear as tan colored while in my VC they are black! So, don't spend any more time looking for missing textures. Just go with what you have :) One mod that I made some time ago so that I could see AI aircraft locations was the addition of the "F16 radar" gauge to both the main and VC panels. It covers the large orange "map" area on the panels. Purists might cringe at the thought but I find it usefull :) If you wish to try it out, here are the two mods to panel.cfg: Under Window00....//gauge72=F16!Radar, 863,658,266,260gauge73=F16!Radar Mode, 608,623,80,34gauge74=F16!Radar Range, 737,623,80,34 Under VCCockpit02....//gauge50=F16!Radar, 292,191,265,265gauge51=F16!Radar Mode, 40,165,85,35gauge52=F16!Radar Range, 165,165,85,35The mode and range controls are located on the small radar displaypanel...the lower set of knobs.One could also use the small radar display area instaed of the largemap area simply by relocating and resizing the F16!Radar sections. Paul

Wide-5.jpg