Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

CIA release all UFO information.

I think its pretty ridiculous how much has been redacted. "Yes", they say, "you can have the UFO information... but it will be 70% redacted".

"Greenwald told Vice’s Motherboard that he believes the documents are made difficult to parse for calculated reasons.

"The CIA has made it INCREDIBLY difficult to use their records in a reasonable manner," he said of the "outdated" file format. "In my opinion, this outdated format makes it very difficult for people to see the documents, and use them, for any research purpose."

Well the above is a great way to convince people you are still hiding something. 👍

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing I've learned in the past couple of years....never again believe anything the government says.

Edited by W2DR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

One thing that I've learned is to never believe anyone who tells you to never believe something.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I can’t imagine life forms so evolutionary advanced to travel that distant would pose for selfies around Earth

I think they would arrive here, see what we are up to, and then conclude there is no intelligent life to be found.

David Porrett

I’d say 80% of AVSIM members are hiding their real names ... what are they hiding?! 🙂

I haven’t seen any credible evidence of UFOs defined as being Alien.  An Unidentified flying object is just as the name suggests... not identified so there can be no conclusion of alien/off world origin.

The closest planet (Proxima b) that might house intelligent life is 4.2 light years away.  I can’t imagine life forms so evolutionary advanced to travel that distant would pose for selfies around Earth.  But since the meaning of life is 42 and Proxima b is 4.2 light years away there is obviously a connection 😉 

Cheers, Rob

Probably worth remembering that absence of evidence isn't the same as evidence of absence, but this is not to say that little green men are visiting us of course regardless of whether the CIA scribble out some stuff in some documents. Personally, I suspect it's fairly likely that the stuff which is censored in those documents has been deleted simply because it contains things which would allow people to suss out about some entirely earth-bound stuff which the CIA would prefer to remain a secret.

Nevertheless, I think most people who are aware of the simply massive size of even just the observable universe - two trillion galaxies, comprising an estimated 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars - must concede that these are pretty good odds for somewhere else to have evolved life. But what that life would be like and whether it has developed the capability for long distance space travel, or even has the desire to travel or explore at all, is another question. All we can say for sure is that it would probably be completely alien to us. However, with so many permutations, we could kind of assume we're not the only ones who are curious enough to want to 'see what is over there'.

But all this is assuming that if any reports of UFOs were actually some sort of intelligently controlled craft not originating from one of the countries of our planet at present, that they then were from another planet. which is by no means something we know for sure. There are other possibilities which wouldn't require the ability to traverse vast space distances, or even any distance at all. For example, they might possibly be controlled by humans who have travelled from another time, or maybe they've come from another parallel universe, or perhaps they are some other manifestation which we can't currently comprehend.

I suppose even if they were 'spaceships' from another planet, it is conceivable, if perhaps questionably possible at least to us, that they may be able to utilise some means of travel which we haven't thought of which negates the barriers to such travel that we currently see as problematic. After all, if you told a caveman you could travel a distance of 200 miles in a day whilst carrying his entire family and all his possessions, he'd not believe it, yet most of us have vehicles parked in front of our houses right now which  enable us to do exactly that. We don't even find this remotely impressive or remarkable in any way because we have been used to being able to do this all our lives.

Or as Arthur C Clarke famously said for his 'three laws':

Any sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic.

When a distinguished scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible, is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I’d say 80% of AVSIM members are hiding their real names ... what are they hiding?! 🙂

Cheers, Rob

Ya mean I gotta confess my real name!  OK, Otto Schmidlap!   I took a selfie!

download.jpeg

• Like 4

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Okay I admit it, my real name is D.B. Cooper.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One thing that I've learned is to never believe anyone who tells you to never believe something.

Sigh.........

• Like 3

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Well people believe in ghosts. Why not.😄

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

@Rob_Ainscough  That's good shot!  Probably after morning coffee! 😄

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I’d say 80% of AVSIM members are hiding their real names ... what are they hiding?

My name is Douglas Robbins. I've never tried to hide my name ever since I learned that Alice In Wonderland has exactly 42 illustrations. Now, what was the question?

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Well people believe in ghosts. Why not.😄

On the subject of ghosts and racists...

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

OK, let's kinda cool the racists/anti-racists posts!  I want to avoid a lockdown!  Stay on the UFO topic, please!

Charlie Aron