Sign in to follow this  
D28195

Error loading FS2Crew Data XML File

I just bought FC A320. First I start MSFS and than, at the Gate at my Airport I start FC A320. Every time I get the error message "error loading FS2Crew Data XML File".

FC A320 is installed in default directory, MSFS is installed in drive d:

I can use FC A320, but at the end the flight cant be saved, cause XML file cant be found.

Who knows a solution?

Kind regards

Henry

Hi Henry,

The XML should be installed here:

C:\Users\***your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew A320 Button Control Edition\FC_A320_Data.xml

I've seen your issue a couple times before.

It's like when the user installed the product they did it under a different user account than the one used by MSFS or something odd like that.

Solution is to manually copy the XML over to the correct place.

Hi Byork - you made my day :) Your solution (with different Users) was correct, thank you very much. I started FC as admin and now it runs....

Now only Aerosoft must release the new Update and then I am happy :)

Again, thanks!!!
Henry

Hi guys,

I have followed these instructions but I still get the message that the XML data file is not loading. It says ensure the flight sim is running and it is.....I start everything as an admin to avoid issues but I cannot get fs2crew to work properly. It does load but no sound can be heard. I am really confused. It was working fine for so long and now it doesn't....

Thanks for your help

Martial

Please see the other thread beneath this one.

Yesterday we moved IPs to our new site... and this seems to have thrown off Flight Crew A320 for some users.

We can't reproduce it.  We're trying to figure out what's special you guys.

Bryan,

I verified the XML is in the correct location but I still can't get it to work. It loads and I can change settings but the FO does not interact.

I'll keep watching the forum.

Thanks ... Richard

Ok, Mine seems partially fixed.. I'm still getting the error message..I do have audio when I select an action example (press welcome)..

Bryan,

If you guys still have access to old webpage firewall/sec settings..Copy the old settings to new page😉

6 hours ago, Aviator 74 said:

Ok, Mine seems partially fixed.. I'm still getting the error message..I do have audio when I select an action example (press welcome)..

Bryan,

If you guys still have access to old webpage firewall/sec settings..Copy the old settings to new page😉

How did you do that? I verified the location of the XML file and it is where it should be. Still no interaction from the first officer yet. I will try to uninstall and reinstall it again just in case.

Martial

13 hours ago, byork said:

We now think it might be a firewall / security setting issue on our brand new site.

Because this only started happening when when changed to a brand new site.

Don't worry, we'll figure it out soon 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Hi guys,

any news on how to fix this issue? Mine is still not working despite uninstalling and installing again several times and running it as admin.

Thanks for your help

Martial

5 hours ago, martialblaizot said:

Hi guys,

any news on how to fix this issue? Mine is still not working despite uninstalling and installing again several times and running it as admin.

Thanks for your help

Martial

Are you using V1.6?