Sign in to follow this  
177B

Replay Mode in FSPlayground is maturing nicely.

The latest Beta I just tried has flaps gear and spoilers working in replay.

You can also save different recordings. And play them back from any view or in any WX condition you like.

I don't work for George, but wrote to him and asked for a few improvements and he has now added them. He is adding more as time goes on as well.

This is the most responsive developer I have ever come across in any sim.

Here is a link to the App:

https://fsplayground.com

• Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

How do you record or use it??  A read me file or some sort of instructions would have been nice.

Gnacino

I just don't understand why Asobo is not upping the priority on this, it's present on every kind of simulations and for flight sim, it's a great moment when you can replay in slow motion from different angle a perfect or horrid landing.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Gnacino said:

How do you record or use it??  A read me file or some sort of instructions would have been nice.

Gnacino

I haven't bought it but there is a tutorial on the website

https://fsplayground.com/tutorial/

Thomas Derbyshire

20 minutes ago, bendead said:

I just don't understand why Asobo is not upping the priority on this, it's present on every kind of simulations and for flight sim, it's a great moment when you can replay in slow motion from different angle a perfect or horrid landing.

What I also find frustrating is Asobo have said from day one that there is a replay function, they just haven’t packaged it with a user friendly interface yet. I mean how long would that really take to release a basic version of it atleast, add bells an whistles later by all means. Instead again the flight sim community are left with buying addons to bring basic functionality we shouldn’t need to buy, they should be part of the build.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

What I also find frustrating is Asobo have said from day one that there is a replay function, they just haven’t packaged it with a user friendly interface yet.

And we are also still waiting on the much talked about (by Asobo) particle node effects that have apparantly been nearly finished since months but so far have never materialized.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

What I also find frustrating is Asobo have said from day one that there is a replay function, they just haven’t packaged it with a user friendly interface yet. I mean how long would that really take to release a basic version of it atleast, add bells an whistles later by all means. Instead again the flight sim community are left with buying addons to bring basic functionality we shouldn’t need to buy, they should be part of the build.

My understanding is that that solution needs 2 PCs hooked to the same session so one could be the "pilot" and the other could be the "recorder" or "observer". So there might be some technical limitation to how easy/feasible this solution can be built on one PC

48 minutes ago, MegaRiceBall said:

My understanding is that that solution needs 2 PCs hooked to the same session so one could be the "pilot" and the other could be the "recorder" or "observer". So there might be some technical limitation to how easy/feasible this solution can be built on one PC

I have heard that as well a few times.

It does stress the computer to play back smoothly at anything nearing 4K on my system. But FSPlayground at 1080 runs really well, you can play at normal speed or step slowly frame by frame.

All I can say is if you want playback to analyze your landings or whatever FSplaygrond does it very well right now.

Just watch the video, and there is an HTML manual on the WEBsite. And it is easy to learn.

Here is a quick video with different angles recorded in FSPlayground.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

49 minutes ago, MegaRiceBall said:

Surely that’s a wind up?... The replay function  has been present in flight sims for what 20/30 years? Maybe longer. How can the most technically advanced flight sim we’ve ever seen developed by an amazing software house like Asobo not have the ability/manpower/motivation or whatever it maybe to figure it out but fsplayground have?

• Like 3

It’s just another app running alongside the sim that one can do without, especially for something that should be built in... 

• Like 5

A replay mode thread was posted here to ask Asobo for an update on when replay will be released: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replay-mode-has-been-in-prototype-for-last-several-months-any-eta-on-release/349630

But nobody responded in that thread so it seems like people don't care, or at least the people in the MSFS forums don't care.  If you care about replay, maybe post in that thread, get it bumped up, and it will get Asobo's attention.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 1/13/2021 at 11:56 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It’s just another app running alongside the sim that one can do without, especially for something that should be built in... 

I own the app and I can assure you. It is not just another app.

Just read the what is it and progress report on there website. https://fsplayground.com/

The developers are very professional fast responding and with very interesting background if you look at about us!

We need developers like them in the community BMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, a-n-d-r-e-w-pilot said:

I own the app and I can assure you. It is not just another app.

Just read the what is it and progress report on there website. https://fsplayground.com/

The developers are very professional fast responding and with very interesting background if you look at about us!

We need developers like them in the community BMO.

Sure, I’m not disputing it’s good. I’m sure it’s probably great.
However, my point is, it is another program/app one must launch, running in the background. For something that should be built in to the sim.

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 5:56 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Please upvote this thread to get a response from Asobo on the status of the replay mode in the next live Asobo Q&A: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-on-replay-mode/351040

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM