Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

What are women doing?

This morning my wife went to the market to do some shopping.  I heard her car drive into the carport so I went to the door to open it for her.  I waited and waited while watching her fuss and squirm and do this and that before she got out of the car and opened the trunk to get the groceries out.

Men get into a car, start it, and drive off.  Then they park it, shut down the engine, get out, lock the door and walk away.

I've noticed most women get into car and squirm around and fuss with this or that before finally starting the engine, then fussing a bit more, and finally driving away.   Then they go through the same routine after parking and before getting out of the car.

What are they doing?

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Checking their makeup??  Straightening out their girdle??  Who the heck knows!! 😱

Keep it simple....ask her!

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Probably checking her appearance before going out.  Most women can't help obsessing over their appearance.

This is not meant to be a criticism or slight against women in any way.  It's just a fact that most women will admit to.

Men also have their obsessions/compulsions.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Who cares? I learned over 60 years ago to NEVER, EVER try to figure out a woman.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Whatever they want to do. Isn't that what you do?

Not on the planet where I live.........

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

This could turn into a long discussion. Great to know that at your age and stage your mind wants to grapple with imponderables which are almost universal, I have also witnessed this.

I found a picture which you have to admire for the fact that that someone seems to have actually spent time on a hardware edition of the concept of General Relativity.

Picture2.jpg

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Keep it simple....ask her!

You've got to be kidding!

Noel

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

My wife and I actually had this conversation a few months ago.  Obviously like a lot of people I am working from home, always on video calls.  When she pulls up the dogs go nuts with excitement.  Sometimes she sits there for a few minutes checking her phone, organizing things yada yada yada and the dogs go nuts the whole time.  I have kindly asked her to expedite her vehicle exit to mimic when she saw me jump out of the car at Watkins Glen when it was on fire...  Belt off disconnect your comms and exit in 15 seconds! LOL  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

What are they doing?

Noel

Clearly we need to ask a lady... so I did, my daughter.

She said:

Adjusting hair in mirror.

Checking makeup in mirror.

Placing handbag somewhere secure.

Girls carry stuff in their hands, so stowing that.

Adjusting their cloths.

And the big one of course is using their mobile phones to plot the downfall of the patriarchy.

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, psolk said:

Watkins Glen

Back in the olden days when we has sports cars didn't they have an annual race at Watkins Glen?  And I recall that shopping malls closed on Sundays and they had auto-crosses in the parking lots.  My brother had a TR3.  I rode with him on a road rally once.  Fond memories of days gone by.

Noel

• Upvote 1

There has racing there since 1948. Good info here:  https://www.theglen.com/History/Timeline.aspx  .

• Like 1

NASCAR doesn't interest me the way sports cars did.

Noel