Sign in to follow this  
RAdE0nEXE

3D redux light vs every A/C landing gear (floating light)

Hi everyone,

Recently I got A2A redux lights (they look amazing af), buuuut, as usual, a problem occured and persist. 

I configured my planes manually, I added a landing light on the landing gear, but after take-off, when I'm retracting the gear, the light seems to be still there under the plane floating in it's way with the A/C during all flight time. 

Then, I changed the number from 5 to 7 (recog. lght), I mean this: Light.0=5, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon, became this: Light.0=7, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon. This time when I turn on the landing lights from the cockpit, only the other lights have the 3D effect (those from the wings for example). while the landing gear light is the default one and gives the plane an unrealistic look, like the plane is asymetric, gear light is not functionung properly and it gets a powerless look, barely lighting.

Also added the 2 entries to every panel.cfg: 

gauge53=shockwave_lights!SW lights,1,1,1,1
gauge54=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_Growley_Recognition,1,1,1,1

After a bit of search I added into SW Lights.xml an entry, like this:

<Gauge Name="SW Lights" Version="1.0">
<Update Frequency="1"/>
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>

(A:GEAR CENTER POSITION, Percent) near 100 == if{
(A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) 1 == if{
(A:LIGHT RECOGNITION,bool) 0 == if{
(>K:TOGGLE_RECOGNITION_LIGHTS) }
}
els{
(A:LIGHT RECOGNITION,bool) 1 == if{
}
}
els{
(A:LIGHT RECOGNITION,bool) 1 == if{
}
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

The author said the floating light dissapears, looks like not to me. 

Maybe adding the lights as a taxi one (changing the 7 from the cfg with 6) will give a better option. I mean, after take-off, I turn off the taxi lights and the floating light is really gone?

Thank u all for reading this  ❤️ 

(I know I'm a very problematic man, nothing works in it's way when gets into my hands so yeah, everytime a problem appears, sometimes I solve them myself, sometimes not, like this one)

Installing landing lights onto a moving landing gear is going to be tricky.  It is usually part of the model and not in the [lights] section of the .cfg.

What aircraft are you using?  Did these aircraft use a gear mounted landing light to begin with?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'm using feelthere e jets (e190,170,195,175, erj135,145), Captain sim 767, 737-200, some freewares, PMDG MD11, carenado b1900d, king air 350i, b200, dornier do28 100, phenom 100, saab 340, perfect flight 717. cls dc10 10, 10F, 30,30F,40,40F, dc8 all variants.virtualcol atr 42,72. 

With the default lights, all aircraft light go out when retracting gear, I changed the entries at [LIGHTS] and modified the landing lights to 6, now, when I retract the gear, I turn off taxi light, I think it's an unrealistic procedure but I think it's k until I find a solution. 

The working models (they don't have a landing gear light) are the PMDG 737 NGX, 737 600,700,800,900 and the CS 727, so the problem doesn't exist. 

If the gear mounted lights you are describing are mounted on the nose wheel gear, do they turn in the direction the nose wheel turns?  These would then be taxi lights and would be turned off at the hold short line before turning onto the runway for takeoff.

I remember installing a shockwave light to my DC-10 nose gear and assigning it to taxi light=6

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The default ones move, after I added the shockwave, that big 3d light doesn't move, only the integrated ones in the landing gear (those ones that need to be turned off before take-off), now I don't turn them off at the end of the runway cuz I use them for take-off as well. I turn them off after I retract the gear to get rid of the floating light.  If u understand what I mean

I actually don't care if the landing light that is used for taxi is not moving, I stay in the cockpit making the preparations and taxiing the plane. But it's a bit weird takin-off knowing that the taxi lght on XD

Edited by RAdE0nEXE