Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Trouble with Steam Support

Unfortunately FSX:Steam is the better version of FSX.  Fully optimized and no issues activating from the DVD.  So it is disappointing to hear that Steam Support hasn't been resolving your issue quickly.  At least you learned that it is better to use e-mail that is accessible by any internet service provider.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

52 minutes ago, TextRich said:

Unfortunately FSX:Steam is the better version of FSX.

In your opinion, of course. Some can see that the "full optimisation" is in fact reducing some of the default settings, so that the user sees a larger frame rate, but hoping that the user does not notice the drawbacks that these changes introduce. The default FSX-SE files are exactly the same files as those in FSX, neither better nor worse.

On the subject of the topic, one can easily change one's e mail address in Steam but it makes no sense at all to change it to an e mail address that does not work, or to disable an e mail address before changing it to another. 

This:  

When I filled out the support ticket I gave them my current e-mail address, they sent a confirmation code to that new e-mail and it worked. 

appears to suggest that Steam Support in fact did everything that they could to help and that the new e mail address is registered.

Given the vast number of Steam customers who do not have the smallest problem with it, the suggestion that no one should deal with them can be discounted.

I just used a new ticket using a different e-mail that I have. We'll see if that works.

• Like 2

Steam Support Didn't do everything it could because it hasn't replied yet after about a week and a half. Also, the second e-mail address that I used is a working one that I never use. I had to send a second ticket because the first one obviously hasn't worked. I sent that second ticket yesterday. If they respond in a decent time, I will take back my comment about how terrible their support is.

" appears to suggest that Steam Support in fact did everything that they could to help and that the new e mail address is registered.

Given the vast number of Steam customers who do not have the smallest problem with it, the suggestion that no one should deal with them can be discounted."