Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Trouble with Steam Support

I purchased Steam awhile back.Since then obtained a new computer and e-mail address. The problem is that after logging in, I need that new code, but can't retrieve it through my new e-mail.

Tried posting this message on the Steam Forum for help but won't unless I purchase something.

4 hours ago, jetsmell said:

Tried posting this message on the Steam Forum for help but won't unless I purchase something.

Here, also!  That'll be $10 please! 💰

Do you still have access to your old email?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

didn't think  you need  to purchase  steam  only  addons  thru  steam, you need  to  go  to  support  than  your  account  where  you  can  change  your  details  etc  emails  and  likes

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

didn't think  you need  to purchase  steam  only  addons  thru  steam, you need  to  go  to  support  than  your  account  where  you  can  change  your  details  etc  emails  and  likes

Yeah, he probably enabled 2fa and lost access to his other email, so no codes...

You don't need a new e-mail address with a new computer, unless you also changed internet service providers.  Some people use their provider's e-mail address, then it goes poof when they change providers.  If that is not the case, great, but doesn't the old e-mail address have a web page where you can go and access it using your old address and password?

If you have FSX:SE only and nothing else in the Steam account, consider simply creating a new account and purchasing FSX:SE again.  It's not ideal, but it is just an idea.

Have you tried this support page?  Rather than contacting the FSX:SE developer?

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

Edited by TextRich
  • Like 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

I had purchased FSX,SE that's why I need a code. I did change providers, that's why I have a new e-mail. I tried support and the only thing I get is crickets!

Oh, I understand your situation a little better now.  Have you tried this?

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithSteamGuardCode

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

The steam guard seems to be the problem. The other problem is that no one from Steam is helping me through support. All I want to do is download FSX SE from Steam,  and NO I'm not paying twice for something that I already paid for. Is there a human that I can talk to? This whole thing sucks and I caution anyone who is considering dealing with Steam!

How long have you been waiting for support? They are usually very good support wise, they don't have 18 million users on at any given time for nothing.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 minute ago, jetsmell said:

It's been over five days!

Try again?  See if there is a phone number you can call?  They may have overlooked your request.

They have no phone number. When I filled out the support ticket I gave them my current e-mail address, they sent a confirmation code to that new e-mail and it worked. I tried a new support ticket but that won't work since they only accept one ticket. The problem is it's a horrible company and I will never,ever buy from them again!!!

So wait for the first ticket to close?  A lot of their users are kids and teenagers and I guess it prevents their tech support from being overwhelmed with spammed requests.

I don't know if the phone number in item #1 there works but yeah, seems they do not have phone support.  In addition it is the weekend, so support may be slower...?

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Steam-Support

I called and left a message, I'll see if anyone response, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Thank you for all of the suggestions.

• Like 1

Well I called again today. This is really sad that a company will treat it's customers this way. If you can buy FSX or anything sim related, I would advise going somewhere else.