Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Does anybody see snow in Europe ?

In Czech repucblic (and i guess most of western/central Europe its been snowing for like 4 days now. ground is covered under many cm of snow. In the sim nothing at all.

Just me ?

Roi Ben

nope, also no snow in austria with live weather

Plenty of snow yesterday flying into ULPB, sure not Europe but close enough

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

Snow yesterday at LOWI though only on the ground incl rwy but no snowfall 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Yes, have it currently.

But more on the roads, instead on the fields .... very thin snow coverage, but is ok in this case as MeteoBlue say just 10 cm

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did see some last week when entering the Lech Valley coming from Germany into Austria.

But none in the secondary mountain ranges. I believe the threshhold for snow depth is  set too high in MSFS.

Edited by Farlis

Live weather and yes.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

MSFS depicts snow according to this map and it is pretty accurate in my experience:

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/webmap/beta/range-regional-airport_united-states-of-america_5021092#coords=4.32/45.35/12.74&map=snowDepth~hourly~auto~sfc~none

The only thing that it does not pick up is traces of snow in my experience.

If you have problems with snow, make sure you are on 'Live Weather' of course. Best way to get 'Live Weather' is to spawn with preset 'Clear Skies' and at the gate/runway select 'Live Weather'. When you change location/start new flight you need to restart the sim and proceed as above.

Edited by Silicus
  • Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

I haven‘t been flying for a few days but on Sunday and Monday I had snow in the Swiss and the Austrian Alps as well as in the Jura Mountains and the Black Forest. The snow coverage matched the Meteoblue map posted above by Silicus. Even bigger lakes (Lake Brienz and half of Lake Thun) were frozen, which looked spectacular but slightly  unrealistic (last time they froze was in 1962/63). 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I saw some around Hamburg and Swiss

but mostly only a thin shining of snow.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

None in Spain, but I did see some around St Moritz yesterday.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Here in Warsaw the meteoblue map (accurately) shows snow cover, but nothing in the sim with live weather.

Yes all the time, but if you want to see snow in places that you don't get in LIVE weather then do it manually.

Edited by Stelios

Stelios Christofides

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

None in Spain, but I did see some around St Moritz yesterday.

I saw snow yesterday on the montains near Madrid with Live Weather. When I disabled live weather and changed to Unreal Weather it disappeared.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White