Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

B-2 out from RAF Mildenhall

Another port-over. A bit temperamental, and no cockpit to speak of, but nice to have available. Just tried a late afternoon winter flight (with the seasons mod) out of Mildenhall, swing back round over Lakenheath, then out to the Channel and then south to . . . (if I told you, I'd have to kill you)

That's Lakenheath just to the left in this shot
3za2zsI.jpg

wn0yYwK.jpg

Trouble with living in this part of the country - you think you're having a nice quiet evening in,
wgwtFHM.jpg

and then this goes over
Fp3MyDI.jpg

3X6vzPa.jpg

About to add a little excitement to the lives of the residents of Southwold
9r88DkG.jpg

5hxKv35.jpg

ySFAAg9.jpg

heading low over on of the Channel windfarms, on the way to . . .
v9oIWia.jpg

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Great shots Andy and a nice port-over. There appear to be no noise abatement regulations in this lovely part of your country. You should try the Vulcan next. I think it's even noisier 😉😉

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

11 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots Andy and a nice port-over. There appear to be no noise abatement regulations in this lovely part of your country. You should try the Vulcan next. I think it's even noisier 😉😉

Cheers Bernd. Oddly enough, I'm one of the very few wing-nuts, indeed possibly the only one, who thinks the Vulcan is as ugly as sin. I can't abide the thing, and won't have it in my hangar. Now the Victor, on the other hand, I find to be quite stunning. Couldn't get it ported over though.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

7 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Now the Victor, on the other hand, I find to be quite stunning.

You are indeed a gentleman of culture, sir! I salute you! 🍻 I may not share your extreme opinion regarding the Vulcan's looks, but we appear to be of one mind about the Victor.:cool:

EDIT

"I think it's even noisier 😉😉" Bernd!   The B-2 is meant to be a STEALTH bomber. Not very good if I can hear it :laugh::tongue:

Edited by HighBypass
  • Like 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

And then there's the Valiant. Or to give it it's proper title - "what was that other one called?"

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Now the Victor, on the other hand, I find to be quite stunning. Couldn't get it ported over though.

Very interesting, Andy. I got the Vulcan to work, maybe I should try the Victor next. Should I succeed, I'll let you know, how I did it 😃😃

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080