Sign in to follow this  
Maaarp

Fuel and Reverse Thrust

G'day all,

I've been doing a bit of flying in the NGXu these past few weeks and really starting to get the hang of it. There are a couple of niggles that keep popping up though and I wonder if anyone has any insights. I'm on P3D 4.5

1. I use Simbrief and TinyNavMap for planning and they give me similar fuel figures. When I enter the flight data into the FMS though I often get an "Insufficient Fuel" message. For example, today's flight had this problem with these fuel figs:

Trip - 3546 kg

Block - 9410

Loaded - 10000

Remaining after flight - approx 6000

It's odd that I should be told Insufficient Fuel.

2. I've been trying to get the reversers working with very limited success. I'm using a FlightSimPM 737 throttle quadrant and have been mapping the controls successfully with Spad.Next. Even using the published Event IDs (Evt_Control_Stand_Rev_Thrust1_Lever), I can't even get it to move. Mind you I can't seem to make the reversers move on the console no matter how I click on them directly either. I've been able to work around using the standard "Axis_Throttle_Reverser(xx)_Set" but I don't know how much reverse thrust this is giving on the 600.

Anyhow, thanks for your help

Cheers

Warwick Finch

Insufficient fuel is often associated with what you put in your reserve box. Can't help with the bindings.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Simbrief allows for winds. If you don’t have real weather available or don't upload wind data to the FMC then that will not take account of any tail winds and so predict insufficient fuel.

As Mark said it might just be putting too high a figure in for reserve fuel. That should be the fuel required to reach your alternate plus 30 minutes holding, 45 under FAA rules.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Using different gear (Thrustmaster Warthog) Throttle is seen as a axis in P3D, reverse is seen as a switch. If you can set your gear up that way it should work.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Hi Maaarp,

Had the same issue. Recently had a friend over who’s a pilot with a large Australian airline looking at my 737 FDS sim. I raised  a few issues l was having with him including the reserve issue. His comment was they just put in 1.2 for the reserve fuel as standard. As it’s a real world practice, it’s now what l use and no more issues with ‘insufficient fuel’ warnings. His reasons were really logical including unexpected wind changes, extra delays occur during taxying, unexpected holds, etc. if you go off the exact flight calculation, it doesn’t take into account all the unknown variables so they use 1.2 as standard. I’m sure different airlines in different countries use different figures so there won’t be one standard practice across the board, but the 1.2 works for me as it’s a real world practice in Australia.

Edited by ravemtech