Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Train Sim anyone...?

Not done any flying for the past couple of days (just installed a freeware airport and checked it out), I've been messing about with these bad boys..

U0IZrti.jpg

I believe there are a fair few members who are into model railways, and some who are into simulated trains too:

l86TEWe.jpg

I charged up one of my old XBOX 360 controllers and resurrected Train Sim - not touched it for more than a year. 🍻

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Imagine ASOBO making new TrainSim!

Rado

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

Hello Mark.Besides average operations, does the sim show fueling of the locomotives?. When i don't fly i watch railroad videos with different scenarios from simple operations to derailments.Graphics are very good!!!.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Deluca said:

does the sim show fueling of the locomotives?

Yes, sort of. All you do is park the loco at a refuelling station and click on the pump (or for steam locos, the coal on the stage, or the water pipe). I believe that Train Sim World has a better representation in that you actually take the nozzle and put it in the tank...

Train Sim 2021 (Dovetail increment the year as appropriate :rolleyes:😞

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5UoFFZFC4I

Train Sim World - slightly more realistic :wink::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GYotbBkDc

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Great!!! Cold start diesels are my favorite. The man trying to start a Maybach locomotive engine lit with a fuel soaked rag at the air intake. Hard starts with flames shooting out the exhaust stacks.Glad to see good rail sims out there.

• Like 1

I’m a train swimmer too, overall sim nerd actually: flight, train, trucks, buses, sim racing etc...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I think DTG are doing TS for the new XBOX version after MS pulled FSW and FSX:SE of them.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Many, many moons ago, I bought MS Train simulator, v1.0 I reckon it was.  Never could get into it. I didn’t feel the always new thrill with each flight that I feel flying an aircraft. Start the engine and be careful to stop the train along the station platform . Always the same shtick. 

Maybe the simulators are much better now, more complex. What does thrill you in a train simulation 😃 ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yeah, I like train sims as well. Actually I am a bit of a sim-nerd in general to be honest. I've never had that much interest in trains (nor airplanes before being intrigued by flight sims a couple of decades ago). However train sims such as Train Simulator / Train Sim World / Run8 peaked that interest as well. I've kind of been waiting for a new iteration of Run8 for some time now, hope It'll come soon!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Can't beat a bit of Norfolk Southern action. 🙂

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was reading a business news story about CSX buying  Pan Am Railroad from Timothy Mellon. I'm curious who will own the famous property rights once the deal  is done.

Trains here too. And racing, and NFL, and rally, n motorcycle racing. And, and, and...

LOL

Sue

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:54 PM, Paul Deluca said:

The man trying to start a Maybach locomotive engine lit with a fuel soaked rag at the air intake

I don't know if the sims feature that level of "creativity"! :cool:

Mark Robinson

I'm on Zusi3, the only one could run with a flight sim throttle set (I use TCA for power/AFB and saitek throttle for brakes) and a external monitor dashpanel display (Zusidisplay).

Sadly it only sim the germany trains, which I'm far from understanding....I still would trigger PBZ every now and then....

• Like 1