Freeware Airports are getting amazing.

WOW What an addon. Love the runway texture. Even better than many payware

Biarritz Airport [LFBZ]

https://flightsim.to/file/6189/biarritz-airport-lfbz

It goes well with this 

City of Biarritz and the Oceanfront

https://flightsim.to/file/5980/biarritz-photogrammetry

LFBZ.png

Look at the runway texture here. Nicely weathered! 

LFBZ2.png

Edited by Manny
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Looks good, off to download it, cheers.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Nice thanks for the tip, this guy has released some other lovely Airports.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Is scenery easier to make in MSFS? I’ve downloaded a lot of freeware airports recently and I’m just blown away by how good some of it is. 

• Like 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

23 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is scenery easier to make in MSFS? I’ve downloaded a lot of freeware airports recently and I’m just blown away by how good some of it is. 

In my opinion it is easier to get something that looks very good.  Having good background textures built in and the ability to blend taxiways and aprons with the background (amongst other nice features) is part of the SDK.  The SDK is a work in progress, it has some quirks, and there is a steep learning curve.  Once you get past that, you can make a simple airport (without any custom buildings) in one evening.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tyrodes said:

In my opinion it is easier to get something that looks very good.  Having good background textures built in and the ability to blend taxiways and aprons with the background (amongst other nice features) is part of the SDK.  The SDK is a work in progress, it has some quirks, and there is a steep learning curve.  Once you get past that, you can make a simple airport (without any custom buildings) in one evening.

If i wanted to get started making scenery how would I go about that ?

I have no experience in photoshop, blender or AFCAD editing

Thanks for the reply by the way. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

start with this:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

There is a great set of tutorials that go through the basics and then on to some more advanced techniques.  There is about 10 of them in the series and the first two (5-10 minutes each) will have you making your own airports.  Below is the first.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The size of the downloads is economical as well.  Quite reasonable, and not gigabytes like some, which is almost certain to bring a lot of mid-range computers down to a crawl.

People like this guy (Alex) and Sergio are smashing it out of the ground!  Sergio's Barrow Alaska is the best freeware airport I have ever tried, but I will also try this later.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The size of the downloads is economical as well.  Quite reasonable, and not gigabytes like some, which is almost certain to bring a lot of mid-range computers down to a crawl.

People like this guy (Alex) and Sergio are smashing it out of the ground!  Sergio's Barrow Alaska is the best freeware airport I have ever tried, but I will also try this later.

Alex also keeps them all up to date.

https://flightsim.to/file/1811/locher-sarentino-airfield-loch

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

not gigabytes like som

The gigabytes of data is generally the aerial imagery files... no longer required with MSFS 🙂

• Like 2

Wow, stunning work. This is on par with some of the best Payware out there...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Dunno about you guys but my experience of these google maps imports is incredibly long loading times.  The sim already, for me at least, is slow to load and time is precious.  I'm only running from HDD though, need a new upgrade.   I just find these google imports bloat the sim and the extra load times versus how many times I actually benefit from the scenery (ie don't fly there often enough) doesn't justify it.

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

Dunno about you guys but my experience of these google maps imports is incredibly long loading times.  The sim already, for me at least, is slow to load and time is precious.  I'm only running from HDD though, need a new upgrade.   I just find these google imports bloat the sim and the extra load times versus how many times I actually benefit from the scenery (ie don't fly there often enough) doesn't justify it.

The airport is not google import. Its all hand made. The second city and ocean front you may want to avoid or select it specifically when flying this airport or landing. 

I have over 110 airports Freeware and paywares + additional airports from Orbx and FSDT totally close to 120 airports and it takes no more than 2 extra minutes. From 3 minutes without any addons to 5 min. Only when I add those Photogrammetry and city addons with large number of files and huge file size, it goes to 20 minutes.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

The airport is not google import. Its all hand made. The second city and ocean front you may want to avoid or select it specifically when flying this airport or landing. 

I have over 110 airports Freeware and paywares + additional airports from Orbx and FSDT totally close to 120 airports and it takes no more than 2 extra minutes. From 3 minutes without any addons to 5 min. Only when I add those Photogrammetry and city addons with large number of files and huge file size, it goes to 20 minutes.

Manny, thats what I said and you just repeated it.  I also have a ton of freeware/payware airports with no effect on my load times.

On the description it says this "This mod is a google maps import of the city of Biarritz"

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire